Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-22-2010, 04:10 AM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
seriously though ...you think hes dead its been a while maybe someone should call lol?????

He could be "swimmin wit da fishes" as we speak...
Old 08-22-2010, 05:10 AM

kevNnic is on a distinguished road

you are most likly screwed.. good luck is all i can say
Old 08-22-2010, 05:18 AM

Albertan22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
He could be "swimmin wit da fishes" as we speak...
Still alive, she hasn't come home yet... I've spent the day with towels and fans drying things out. I think I may have saved most of the stuff, but some of it isn't ever going to be quite the same again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
whats with all the recomendations that he lies and decives.. thats a good way to keep your marrage going

just man up, tell the truth, then come up with a way to fix it so it won't happen again.. which is what you should have made sure in the first place. instead of waisting more money on dinner and hotel rooms, use the money to install the RO properly.

sure she will be mad for a bit, but unless there is something else wrong she will get over it in a day or two.. if not maybe its just the writing on the wall.

Steve
I phoned her already and let her know, she didn't sound to happy. I think some flowers and a gift are in order tomorrow.

The RO unit is too tall to fit under any of my sinks on the main floor. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned installing it in the basement and runing a 1/4" line upstairs, would there be enough presure to run water up a floor? Or would it just all end up running out the waste line? The reason I didn't install it down there is because I have no way of getting a trash can full of make up water up the stairs to my DT.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murminator View Post
Mom or Dad would be easier to explain to than a wife yet a wives childhood stuff damaged.....hmmm tough one......have you thought of getting some gas and lighting the house on fire....then blame it on the firefighters....thats the only way out I see
At the height of my panic, this seemed like a really good way out. But then I started to worry about damaging the tank
Old 08-22-2010, 06:18 AM

LOL!!! Thanks for the laughs folks!! I have to say he did a great job cleaning up, and from what I can see, the damage has been kept to a minimum. A few things got wet, but hey, I really didn't need to store ALL that stuff for the next 50 years did I?? No flowers, presents, dinner, renovations though...I guess he knows me too well I think perhaps we may have to rethink the system though to prevent the next disaster!!

~ The Wife
Old 08-22-2010, 11:27 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertan22 View Post
LOL!!! Thanks for the laughs folks!! I have to say he did a great job cleaning up, and from what I can see, the damage has been kept to a minimum. A few things got wet, but hey, I really didn't need to store ALL that stuff for the next 50 years did I?? No flowers, presents, dinner, renovations though...I guess he knows me too well I think perhaps we may have to rethink the system though to prevent the next disaster!!

~ The Wife

Now there's a Great woman..

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 08-22-2010, 12:38 PM

Spiny is on a distinguished road

This story sounds fishy... no wife can be THAT understanding
Old 08-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Women can be very understanding....chances are if the shoe were on the other foot it may not have had a happy ending.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:28 PM

shrimpchips is on a distinguished road

Phew! Sounds like someone made it out alive. But I'm sure he won't be hearing the end of this one for a while!

I also don't have a place to run my RO/DI like a nice basement, since I live in a condo. In order to prevent these flooding type events, I run my RO/DI in the tub, so any waste water just goes down the tub drain. Also, I fill 5g buckets, so when one spills over, it just flows down the tub to the drain. So no worries there about flooding or anything of the sort.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:31 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertan22 View Post
... would there be enough presure to run water up a floor? Or would it just all end up running out the waste line? ...
It won't make a noticeable difference, mine has always been in the basement with a line upstairs, same with many other systems I've dealt with. The extra pressure difference isn't enough to cause problems, most of us use accumulators to store water which add back pressure in the 8psi range. 8 psi is around 20 feet of height. Some units also allow you to tune the pressure on the waste line so you can adjust the ratio for such situations. If you were really concerned about it you could run your waste line upstairs as well which would result in the same as installing the whole unit upstairs.