Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-10-2010, 05:33 PM

jzz30tt is on a distinguished road

Tis exactly the point i was trying to convey. The issues with the high mineral content water is that the mineral scales in the hot water tank creating an insulating layer. Raises the cost to heat a tank of water along with shortening the life of the hot water tank due to the additional heating required throughout of it's lifespan. Toilets however don't suffer from the same issues making them perfect!!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 PM

Gaffer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzz30tt View Post
Tis exactly the point i was trying to convey. The issues with the high mineral content water is that the mineral scales in the hot water tank creating an insulating layer. Raises the cost to heat a tank of water along with shortening the life of the hot water tank due to the additional heating required throughout of it's lifespan. Toilets however don't suffer from the same issues making them perfect!!
Yes, I dont know what Edmonton water is like, but Calgary's is very hard making scale a problem.

I went out of my way to rum RO water to my furnace humidifiers to avoid scale problems, it does not make much sense to dump it into my hot water tank.

I am going to run it outside to mix it wil stored rain water and the drip irrigate with it. That shoudl give me the summer to come up with a system to use it on the toilets.

Andrew