Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-11-2010, 01:50 AM

Aquaria is on a distinguished road

found these two think one is a mushroom and one is a leather or cup ??

and ty jdigital so far so good i filled it more after the pics and it seems to have helped a bit, so ill try more
Old 01-13-2010, 09:19 AM

Well my new shrimp is going, he swimming weird and out on the open sitting on a hermit at one point so I'm thinking he wants to be a meal. and I got major algea issues so I think I may be over feeding perms were normal, although I have had a nitrate spike .5 and phosphat at 0.25 yesterday I'll so tests right now and post tommorow. And next shrimp will be done drip method lol.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:34 PM

ok well perms are normal cept nitrates at 10 and phospate at 0.25. shrimp was just molting lol he seems to be ok now. added a korala nano so im up to 750ish gph, ducan unhappy since i did that but ill give another day see if he gets used to it. waiting to see if the nitrates and phos level out
Old 01-17-2010, 01:02 AM

Well all is good I cut back on the feeding and looks like algea has stopped or at least slowed but purple is getting dark and I see some red starting on one rock

other rocks just look green lol picked up some star polyps got them on there own little island up front bottom pics coming later waiting for main lights to start

Last edited by Aquaria; 01-17-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:40 PM

Default New pics 01/17/10

ok problems first my start polyps turned purplely or white down the middle as in pic, by lights off it looked to be going green again but wont know till 6ish tonight. second my cynaria looks to be getting white spots on the flesh at first i thought bleaching but idk any advice would be apprecated lol ill post a pic of the white spots about 6-7ish.
and almost forgot i made a BIG mistake last night i decided my duncan dident like the new spot so i moved him out of the flow a little more and i thought i should epoxy him since he could fall over a little easier where he was and then i thought NAW he hasent fallin yet. well i got up this morning to find my electric blue hermit sitting right where the duncan was found him head first in the sand THANK GOD he dident die and nuke the tank, he is now epoxied and i wont be making that mistake.

now forgive my crappy photos as i have a 2magapixil camera phone

and these are cool got them at night with a flashlight

this is the star polyp see the grey/white/purple strip??

Old 01-21-2010, 10:08 AM

ok well lastnight i got to see my emerald crab have babies very lucky chance heres the thread
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60189

and the worst news coming home from work today was i think my heater is broken on and almost fried my tank i THINK i may have saved it might hold of on my WC for 2-4 days any thoughts on this

more later
Death Toll so far
1 pepperment shrimp..
all my sand snails(4) everything else has survived and recovered

Last edited by Aquaria; 01-24-2010 at 08:09 PM.