Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aquatic Addictions

Old 09-30-2009, 02:24 AM

iansfishy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
My point exactly, accusations such as this based on nothing but competitive bashing and assumptions and you are no different, don't think for a second that some of my customers were also your customers and in turn relayed some pretty offensive comments you were making about my business in your conversation with them.

I have never bad mouthed your business or any other business on Canreef; in fact, I had to be in defensive mode the whole time while running OC because of ill intentioned jealous competitors...

I didn't mean to be offensive with my comment above, I simply heard rumors just like a couple of others had mentioned earlier in this thread. Little do you know I was actually in your shop not long ago to buy some filters and a bag of KZ carbon, you actually served me at the till but you don't know what i look like, I have no problem supporting other local shops instead of just bashing them.

My apology...

so if you are no longer in buisness, wouldnt it be agreed you should have shut up a long time ago?? just wondering!! I mean you did go out of your way to get a dig in here and there... I would have man'ed up and introduced myself in that situation, but, some peoples children...

Last edited by iansfishy; 09-30-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:28 AM

iansfishy is on a distinguished road

by the way, thanks Dan and Nikki. It was nice to be able to call a buisness and have any questions a person might have answered. Good luck to you guys in the future.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:29 AM

Sebae again is on a distinguished road

I liked Aquatic Addictions and the MAN behind the counter. He had the best acros around and you didnt need a magnifying glass to see them or take out a second mortgage to buy them. All the best Dan and family. We will be there when you set up again. Thanks again from Steve in Chilliwack.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:00 AM

Aquatic Addictions is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
My point exactly, accusations such as this based on nothing but competitive bashing and assumptions and you are no different, don't think for a second that some of my customers were also your customers and in turn relayed some pretty offensive comments you were making about my business in your conversation with them.

I have never bad mouthed your business or any other business on Canreef; in fact, I had to be in defensive mode the whole time while running OC because of ill intentioned jealous competitors...

I didn't mean to be offensive with my comment above, I simply heard rumors just like a couple of others had mentioned earlier in this thread. Little do you know I was actually in your shop not long ago to buy some filters and a bag of KZ carbon, you actually served me at the till but you don't know what i look like, I have no problem supporting other local shops instead of just bashing them.

My apology...
Ian,

I will not deny I made some offensive comments on your corals...I dont think there was a person who didnt just as there were those that thought the opposite. You forget Ian that I am not basing anything I said on assumptions in terms of your legalities....I also wholesale and know several other wholesalers who think just the same as I do as we have tried several ways. Please dont get your ego blown up thinking I was jealous. I was merely looking out for the reprocussions your actions could have caused to the rest of us should Ron have gotten wind of it.

If you were in my shop then why would you not introduce yourself? Seems a little strange to me but hey what do I know. This wasnt to start a ****ing match nor put your business down. From the start we had people saying we were closing ....but coming from a former vendor in such a snide, " I knew it all along" way...little unbecoming thats all. You have a beautiful child Ian congrats to you and your wife and we wish you well.

Dan
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Dan,

If you ever start up again in the future, I and my Visa will be there. I will enjoy the beautiful corals I received from AA at awesome prices. I, like many of your customers, will remember the good times watching the Canucks' games at AA last season while we watch the Nucks make a run for the Cup this season.

Now that both of you are no longer "in the same industry", maybe we can all get together to watch a Nucks' game on tv some day.

Anthony
Old 09-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Sorry to see you closing Dan. It was my pleasure to do business with you, even if it was only the one purchase and a nice talk. All the best to you & your family.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:08 PM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

Best wishes Dan and Nikki. Thank you for the free zoa frag I won via your charity raffle and thank you selling me a grab bag of loose polyps way back when your first took over AA. Most of my corals come from your tanks and I really appreciate it.
Keith
Old 09-30-2009, 03:42 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic Addictions View Post
Ian,

I will not deny I made some offensive comments on your corals...I dont think there was a person who didnt just as there were those that thought the opposite. You forget Ian that I am not basing anything I said on assumptions in terms of your legalities....I also wholesale and know several other wholesalers who think just the same as I do as we have tried several ways. Please dont get your ego blown up thinking I was jealous. I was merely looking out for the reprocussions your actions could have caused to the rest of us should Ron have gotten wind of it.

If you were in my shop then why would you not introduce yourself? Seems a little strange to me but hey what do I know. This wasnt to start a ****ing match nor put your business down. From the start we had people saying we were closing ....but coming from a former vendor in such a snide, " I knew it all along" way...little unbecoming thats all. You have a beautiful child Ian congrats to you and your wife and we wish you well.

Dan
I appreciate the fact that my comment was not articulated properly and again was not meant to be offensive. I was in your shop a few times but felt that because of the comments that I heard you were making that it would not be constructive to spark conversation at the time considering you looked busy.

I had nothing to do with the wholesale side of the business so it was the accusations and legality finger pointing that upset me the most. Either way I still spent my money at your shop as I do believe that supporting local business within the hobby is important, I guess I was not used to all the whispering that goes on behind closed doors in this business.

Thanks for the compliments, I am sure you will do well with whatever you choose to do next.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:55 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

VERY sad to see you gone. I loved shopping with you guys whenever we came over. Always nice corals, and fantastic conversations. You will be missed in the hobby by many!

Old 09-30-2009, 06:56 PM

Aquatic Addictions is on a distinguished road

If there is anyone interested in the tanks that were listed for sale

- the 30G tanks for sale 40 each
-4 x 65G for 100 each and
-3 x 125G for 210each.

Also last chance on the SPS tank/stand/sump/pump (ill also throw in the closed loop pump) for 600 and the cascade tank/stand/sump/internal pump for 550. We also still have the Italian 3 x 400w light remaining, 2 x 250 degenboa light, 3 x 150W coralife (halide only). The lights and equipment are already in storage so you will have to let me know to bring them prior to closing should you want to buy them.

I will be in the store after 6pm tonight taking all the tanks down so nows the time I will also be available on Friday after 6pm and possibly sat & sun by appointment. Thank you

Dan