Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-29-2009, 09:16 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great!

Does the Emperor nip anything? I want one so bad!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:25 PM

reefy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
Looks great!

Does the Emperor nip anything? I want one so bad!!!
he's a good boy; I have 2 types of blasto and sunflower he wont bother at all, except sometime when he's hungry he will nip at my bottom polyp (not a big deal).
Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Looking good... Congrats on the new addition! He looks great!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 03-29-2009, 09:45 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Looks great I love achilles tangs, they are very beautiful.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:46 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I had mine in a 92 gal for almost 3 years, (was a casualty of a tank crash caused by a defective heater and prompted the tear-down of my tank)

he was more active than my previous yellow, or sailfin tangs, but I did not fell he was stressed in any way. I did have hi O2 levels in the water and a salinity that bordered the higher end, and zero nitrates or anything else.. I think the water condition is the most important thing for this fish, I had all SPS so I had very nutrient pour water to start with and in my opinion this is the key. they are sensitive to ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, way more so than other fish.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:21 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
I had mine in a 92 gal for almost 3 years, (was a casualty of a tank crash caused by a defective heater and prompted the tear-down of my tank)

he was more active than my previous yellow, or sailfin tangs, but I did not fell he was stressed in any way. I did have hi O2 levels in the water and a salinity that bordered the higher end, and zero nitrates or anything else.. I think the water condition is the most important thing for this fish, I had all SPS so I had very nutrient pour water to start with and in my opinion this is the key. they are sensitive to ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, way more so than other fish.

Steve
Yeah this seems to be what most people say about these fish--higher salinity, very clean water and high oxygen.

I hope I can give one a shot one day...I have yet to ever find a nice healthy one when I have had a big enough tank.

Keep posting pictures!

Your tank seems to be coming along very nicely too!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:26 AM

reefy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post

Steve
how high is to bordered the higher end for salinity I think I have it in 33.6 (lights on) and 34.4 (lights off)
Old 03-31-2009, 02:55 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefy View Post
how high is to bordered the higher end for salinity I think I have it in 33.6 (lights on) and 34.4 (lights off)
you know I never ever used thoes measurment for salinit so I don't know. I always kept mine at 1.026 sg. but I do have to ask, why is your salinity chaning with the lights on and off? should be a steady readingm unless your doing periotic top offs instead of constant.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.