Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Hey eugene finally eh!!

moving your contents since your tanks are currently bb I would suggest moving sand in the new set up first and then move water over followed by corals and rock once done add alittle water keep heater and pumps running,and every few days add alittle more water essentially it's like doing WC but instead you're just adding and in a week the new tank should be filled, any other ??

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 02-10-2008, 08:31 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by imisky View Post
no one can share there moving experience with me??
Hold on fella lots of people can give you opinions, but at the end of the day if how you want to do it, I can give you a crap load of advice on how to do it or what not to do.

1. IME take it slow if you are going to swap over the tank. Give yourself at least 6 hours Minimum. If you can use fresh Salt water if you are doing a swap this will help id you have any nitrates or excess of phosphates.

2. Take your sand out if you have any and clean it this will help in taking any spike that you have in your water after moving the sand. Now this is for getting rid of the ammonia spike that you may have. Only do this if you have had the sand in the tank for quite some time, the bad thing is you are taking out all the little creatures in the sand that live in there. But you are stopping any spike in the water that will happen or arise.

3. Take your rock out and rinse it off this will help in taking out any crap that has been in the rocks and helps in keeping your rock clean. And if you have any Algae on the rocks clean it with a brush.

4. once your done take the time to aqua scap the rock the way you want it, and keep in mind that if you have any corals and fish put them in a tub while the move is going on with a power filter and heater. Having a light over it doesn’t really matter since you are going to have the light on the tank after you have this task completed.

5. Once you have the water in and heated climatize the fish and coral and add them to your tank. Clean up and there you go. Remember depending on your lights if you are upgrading your lights to a more powerful setup if you can raise your lights and lower the photo period to allow for the corals the time to get used to the new lights.

HTH.

remember time is every thing, I have moved many tanks over and lost pretty much no corals or fish. Time your time when moving your fish and corals will love you...

Last edited by Skimmerking; 02-11-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:20 AM

imisky is on a distinguished road

thx asmodeus for the detailed way to do this i'll take your advice on doing it, chris i think im going to keep the tank a BB tank to as i have a hydor koralia 3 and 4 on there for the flow.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:14 AM

so i moved the tank over, everythings alive~!! sometime seems to be missing from this scape and i cant quite get my hands on it but maybe once the corals grow out it'll be good. here it is

Old 02-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

looking nice and clean love the bb good choice you'll like it much better, with sufficient flow in there you'll be able to suck up any build up and waste great job on the aquascape!

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 02-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Glad to see how well your new sps tank project is going!
Old 02-18-2008, 05:37 AM

thanks Chris and Anthony, never knew having a "bigger" tank would be so much fun!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 PM

im at this moment trying to figure out how to get my Ca Reactors Ph to 6.5 range as it is constantly at 6.9~7.3 range. also how fast should the effluent be comming out of the Ca reactor. thanks guys.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:32 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by imisky View Post
im at this moment trying to figure out how to get my Ca Reactors Ph to 6.5 range as it is constantly at 6.9~7.3 range. also how fast should the effluent be comming out of the Ca reactor. thanks guys.
with a small tank like that doing a 5-10 gal water change will make a huge impact on your CAL and Alk levels. but if you are really wanting a Reactor. you need to get your chamber down to about 6.5- 6.7 unless you ahve a second chamber then the first chamber will be 6.5 and the second chamber will be having a ph of 7.0. first thing you need to do is see how much you are demanding for CAL and ALk from 1 day to the second day. then what you need to do is start off with a slow drip like its almost at a stream but not a stream. then have your bubbles coming out if the counter for about 30 bubble per minute. the best way is to run the bubbles at 20-25 per min and then test the Ph then if its not enough turn up the bubbles. HTH

slow is good remember other then that well done on the build love the way it looks

you could alway use 2 part for your tank since its not alot of water volume. you wouldnt use very much 2 part either. or Try dripping kalk at night that could be another way to supplement your CAL and ALk needs
Old 02-19-2008, 03:13 AM

LeeR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to LeeR

Awsome tank!

not sure if anyone asked but who built your tank?