Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 01-18-2007, 06:23 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Serendipity - got this shot trying to take a picture of the gorg frags. Then the halides turned off and was actinic only. Then I spied the angel perfectly framed, this never happens so I took the shot and let the flash fill in the colour. So it's a bit washed out but otherwise I'd probably never get another chance like that.

Potter's angel - she has an amazing blue rim that just glows (maybe it's the actinics?). I hope I can catch it on a picture some day, it's wicked.

Have to say I really dig the Centropyge's.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Tony-nice angel!!! Was tempted to have a potter's but chickened out as I had heard they were a bit tougher to keep....yours is beautiful!!! nice pic!

Old 01-18-2007, 03:09 PM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
I keep things til I get bored of them.
ill take that pollini grouper anytime your ready (or scared)
Old 01-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

HAHAH! You dreamin' man.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Sarah. Are they reputed as more difficult? That's not been my experience so far. This one here is actually my second. My first perished in a .. "tragic anemone-moving accident" I guess I'll call it (before I realized how easily my ritteri can kill off an entire tank of fish just because it's annoyed). ). She was the best little fish, and I was impressed at how clever she was. She would act like a tang near a tank, act like a blenny near a blenny... and basically steal their food when they weren't looking. As long as any other fish likes a particular piece of food, she'll notice that and after that I'll never have a problem feeding her that particular kind of food. Nori, flake, pellets, mysis, etc.

This one I got from Willito a few months ago. Was quite timid at first and got bullied by my 6line wrasse. I tried catching my 6line (there was a thread about that escapade). But after a few weeks she was settled in and not being bullied anymore, and she's grown quite a bit since then. Same deal as my first one, I noticed she observes things and then modifies her behaviour accordingly.

Anyhow sorry for the rambling!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:52 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Hey Tony! Rambling is good.....I think I will attempt one in my next tank. I really like the look of the Potters so I think I am sold on one!

Old 01-18-2007, 10:58 PM

Chaotic Cricket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Thanks Sarah. Are they reputed as more difficult? That's not been my experience so far. This one here is actually my second. My first perished in a .. "tragic anemone-moving accident" I guess I'll call it (before I realized how easily my ritteri can kill off an entire tank of fish just because it's annoyed). ). She was the best little fish, and I was impressed at how clever she was. She would act like a tang near a tank, act like a blenny near a blenny... and basically steal their food when they weren't looking. As long as any other fish likes a particular piece of food, she'll notice that and after that I'll never have a problem feeding her that particular kind of food. Nori, flake, pellets, mysis, etc.

This one I got from Willito a few months ago. Was quite timid at first and got bullied by my 6line wrasse. I tried catching my 6line (there was a thread about that escapade). But after a few weeks she was settled in and not being bullied anymore, and she's grown quite a bit since then. Same deal as my first one, I noticed she observes things and then modifies her behaviour accordingly.

Anyhow sorry for the rambling!
Potters Angels are listed as Expert Only on liveaquaria
so that must make you an expert only...
I've been looking for one in Calgary for awhile now and they always seem to sell before I can find them, I ordered one online but it was DOA...there was no water in the bag. I got credit but used it for dry goods instead. I hate ordering fish online.

Last edited by Chaotic Cricket; 01-18-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:25 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
Hey Tony! Rambling is good.....I think I will attempt one in my next tank. I really like the look of the Potters so I think I am sold on one!
I think the big problem with potters angels is getting them to eat. Try to find one that you can see is eating in the store. One of my favourite fish was a potters angel, unfortunately I lost her and my other favourite fish in the tank upgrade

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 01-18-2007, 11:39 PM

That would be my guess. But once they "get it" .. boy do they get it. This one eats like a little piggy.

Chaotic Cricket, yeah I agree, you don't see too many in the stores lately. Both mine came from fellow Canreefers.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:59 PM

AndyL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AndyL

Here's my old 6-bar angel at his favorite cleaning station... He killed off all his tank mates, ate all the corals I tried to introduce to the tank; I hear a yellow tang did him in when he was sent to live elsewhere...