Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-02-2010, 10:02 PM

Rus is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info , do you know if you can run the stand alone unit thru the Profilux Controller , if you decide to purchase one later on? Any idea on what your monthly costs are on this ? Are you able to premix more than a months supply at a time , if so does it need to be mixed up periodically?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:29 PM

Just passed the 1 year mark on this tank , and thought i would update a little . I have tried few new things over the past few months , latest is switching over to dosing from my calcium reactor setup. I went with the Profilux 3 pump stand alone unit , and so far am very pleased with my choice .It was extremly easy to setup for what you want to dose and to make adjustments along the way if needed.
I have been running it for almost 3 weeks now , and so far everything is staying steady as far as alk and calcium goes .PH has also climbed , and for the first time since setting up this tank it is over 8.00 .

here's a couple of decent pics and not so great videos of the tank lately:

Fish room

Feeding time

Old 05-09-2010, 09:21 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Wow, looks fantastic! Dig that aquascaping!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:55 PM

Thanks Tony, Still think I have a little tweaking to do with the right side for aquascaping though, would like it to climb a little higher in the tank to create a little more variance in areas when looking at it from the right side . There are a few ideas I may have to borrow from some of the other great aquascapes I have seen on this board and others.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:34 PM

Couple of new pics since adding a few new fish from quarantine tank. Added in 2 new Bartletts and a Pyramid Butterfly .I would like to add in probably 2 to 3 more Bartletts yet .They are one of my favourites as far as Anthias go. You can see from the pic that the original female is becoming a male already , color changes were within a week from introducing the new ones into the tank. The Pyramid was picked on a little at first , but seems to be settled in now , and no signs of any further aggression from the other tankmates.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

This is one of my favorite tanks.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:11 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Fantastic tank!!!

Old 05-23-2010, 06:14 PM

Thanks Leah ,Chaloupa. I am actually going to pick me up a few more rocks to try to rework the softy side aquascape today, Looking forward to see how this turn out, it's been the only part of the main original aqua scape that I have not been 100% pleased with fro mthe orginal design, I findo the soft corals harder to aquascape around , as the require larger areas of rock to sit on and in turn tougher to come up with a decent design . Oh well we will see how it goes.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:41 PM

Smile

Well I have finished off the main re design on the softy side of tank , here's a few pics of it , open for critique or ideas as well.
I have been able to open up the valley look more on this side which is what I was trying to achieve. Tank is set up so that looking at it from either left or right side , it creates a different view for people. This way coming into the room at first gives you a different perspective than after you have sat down over in the Theater area. The new aquascape also help to create the illusion that the tank is even deeper than the actual 3'. ( or it's suppose to help anyways )

First pic is view down on the tank ( not sure how to get on without all the light reflections ) Left side

Right side

Softy side

Couple of overhead views showing valleys

Shows valleys for each direction of view

overall view from front

Last edited by Rus; 05-30-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:59 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Wow that aquascaping is rad! Love your setup. Great use of the real eastate for sure. Thanks for sharing!