Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-16-2009, 06:33 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

I had a pet rock once. I took really good care of it.. but one day I forgot to feed it and it died and was no longer live rock
Old 12-16-2009, 06:56 AM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
Who cares?

Just buy the rock from wherever you want and let the vendors do what they want. It's the same as buying anything, if you don't like a product, don't buy it. Simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McK View Post
Bravo !

+1 BRAVO!

How annoying what people bitch about on here and I wonder why I go on and off Canreef. I get especially annoyed when someone thinks they know best about everything. *rolling my eyes* Poor vendors. You can't paint every store with the same brush. Perhaps you should take a drive to some stores in Edmonton and Calgary. Otherwise thats just not right to say that. As said already...If you don't like the product, dont buy it. Simple.

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
Old 12-16-2009, 01:49 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus View Post
I look at it this way if I'm going to buy Rock I'm going to go where there is the cheaper price, end of bitching, come on people support your local vendors if they arent doing it right thing teach them. Don't bitch about it fix it. wow too much complaining, until you have a head dollar of 100,000K to play with (zip it) its nothing worst then someone bitching to get posts or just to be heard. just to make a statement. sorry folks to many people here trying to make a name for them selfs. I understand that people can't make t he proper business or thatthey dont have enought money. But come on they are making a statment or trying to help out.. give them a chance.
mike OUt

green well said
man some one woke up on the wrong side of a snowbank thismorning
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:52 PM

Haloreef is on a distinguished road
Default live rock

I gotta agree with GSP.
Keith.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:21 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

What I find really amusing is how someone will complain about a vendors live rock but then later state they buy used rock and wouldn't buy new rock anyway because it's too expensive. Now that's funny.

Have to agree with the recent turn this thread took, what vendors do will always vary and in the end who cares! If you have to cure some stuff a little longer, so what, and I really have a hard time understanding preserving everything on the rock, most of this would be problematic anyway. Wipe it out and start over but to each his/her own which is why no vendor will ever be able to satisfy the believes of every customer. So quit complaining!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:12 PM

Jamieh is on a distinguished road

I can't believe Myka that your local vendors are not doing exactly what you want to get the business that you cannot find second hand somewhere for a better price. I think they are missing a major revenue stream from this "can't find elsewhere cheaper" business!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:38 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Why are you guys all getting so caught up and peed off by this thread?? I don't understand why it's a big deal...?? Maybe I should have worded it differently. Sorry I thought you guys could be my bitching coffee buddies. I guess I will have to keep it to my bitching coffee buddies. Seriously though, you guys are way too serious.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 12-17-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:30 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

everyone take a deep breath and take a step back.

It's rock.

Unless you're lucky (or unlucky depending on hitchhikers) enough to get some TBS rock into the country the live rock is all pretty dead. You want the bacteria basically. All the rock you buy live is going to have that. The rest has already had plenty die even if it's house a bit better than the next LFS.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:15 AM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I had a pet rock once. I took really good care of it.. but one day I forgot to feed it and it died and was no longer live rock
mine ran away

but also Hilarious!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:30 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

two words
DRY ROCK