Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 AM

Midway is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
yeah, but those ruins are ugly, sponges are still pretty.

I surely would not put that in my tank. yuck but hey...it's only a matter of personnal taste.

I love sponges, real or artificial.
When i post something, I always make sure to be "politically" correct, not to offend anybody. Some people just don't know how to play this.

Man get to know yourself and you will get to know the Universe and the Gods!!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midway View Post
When i post something, I always make sure to be "politically" correct, not to offend anybody. Some people just don't know how to play this.
Except "political correctness" can also be offensive to some people. What you meant, I think, is tact.

I've had my run-ins with Daniella in the past, but have learned to respect her opinion. If anything, she might not be as articulate (another word for long winded) in English and come across as too blunt at times.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:40 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
Except "political correctness" can also be offensive to some people. What you meant, I think, is tact.

I've had my run-ins with Daniella in the past, but have learned to respect her opinion. If anything, she might not be as articulate (another word for long winded) in English and come across as too blunt at times.
And there is no tone in a post. A bunch of people sitting around chatting can get away with saying the same thing because tone changes the words. Can't do that here.

Either way, I like the large fake displays at Rainforest Cafe, etc and I would honestly hate to come in and see a real display that wasn't being taken care of, with everything dying, which is what would happen at most of these franchises and businesses if they had a real living reef.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:49 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
And there is no tone in a post. A bunch of people sitting around chatting can get away with saying the same thing because tone changes the words. Can't do that here.

Either way, I like the large fake displays at Rainforest Cafe, etc and I would honestly hate to come in and see a real display that wasn't being taken care of, with everything dying, which is what would happen at most of these franchises and businesses if they had a real living reef.
Very true. More spats happen on the internet that would never happen in person. People read too much into posts sometimes.

As for artificial reefs, don't like them myself. I have been downright appalled (sorry if I offend anyone) by some of the displays in the Vancouver Aquarium, although totally understand their limitations and challenges. It just makes our hobby all the more rewarding, though.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM

mikeclarke is on a distinguished road

I went to Vegas in November and wanted to check out the gumball machine tank that they built at Serendipity3. When I went, they said that it was only there temporarily. What does that mean? I was disappointed not to see the spherical tank.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:54 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm all the fish died within 4 days

Read on

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2167302

http://lasvegasbadger.blogspot.ca/20...racked-up.html

Last edited by Madreefer; 01-04-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:11 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

People are offended way too easily. Seem that it's easier to see a bad side to a post then the other way around.

So what if I don't like artificial display in a tank? why should that offend anyone? it's my taste. who cares what I think if they like it then they should put it in their tank.

Often when people learn that my artificial sponges are artificial they reply that I am ruining my tank with fake sponges. Do I care? not one bit

I simply put them in my tank because I like them. I do not need anyone to agree with me on that one, it's my tank and mine alone. I have done it for myself, not for anyone else, and of course for the comfort of my reef inhabitants.

Anyone putting such thread can expect to read various opinions, good or bad about arficial display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post

Old 01-05-2013, 04:40 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
People are offended way too easily. Seem that it's easier to see a bad side to a post then the other way around.

So what if I don't like artificial display in a tank? why should that offend anyone? it's my taste. who cares what I think if they like it then they should put it in their tank.

Often when people learn that my artificial sponges are artificial they reply that I am ruining my tank with fake sponges. Do I care? not one bit

I simply put them in my tank because I like them. I do not need anyone to agree with me on that one, it's my tank and mine alone. I have done it for myself, not for anyone else, and of course for the comfort of my reef inhabitants.

Anyone putting such thread can expect to read various opinions, good or bad about arficial display.
Nobody cares that you like or dislike artificial reefs. People including myself were offended that you insulted a members tank as explained in the PM I sent you. You always have to have the last word and hopefully this time it'll be sorry to Mr Hassan
Old 01-05-2013, 04:46 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So what was the good side about your post?
Old 01-05-2013, 04:49 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
So what was the good side about your post?
Perhaps that she likes artificial sponges

(sorry but couldn't resist commenting).

Feeling a little embarrassed since the whole artificial reef has turned to me

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob