Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
I can't wait to fire up my RS250, poor thing has been sitting out in the shed for a couple of months now It must be lonely out there all by itself in the dark.

Alternatively I would have liked to try out one of the ReefFlo Orca skimmers, I was looking at the 250 which is rated for 200-800 gallons. But its external and that kind of freaks me out a bit. The Octopus Extreme 250 is an in sump model, has gotten good reviews and is like half the price.

I suppose ultimately the best deal was the RS250 as I got it used and it looks brand new and has the gate valve mod done already.

Has anyone looked into those cone skimmers? I see Progressive Reef has some Octopus Hurricone Category 2 skimmers. They look interesting.
K, so you need to get that new house, so you can set up the new tank, so THEN you can fire up the new ER. Get 'er done!! Pretty soon Mike is gonna try to buy it from you! for cheap cheap -lol
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM

Scavenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I can't wait to fire up my RS250, poor thing has been sitting out in the shed for a couple of months now It must be lonely out there all by itself in the dark.

You should really put it on your night stand and sing lullabys to it at bedtime then.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
K, so you need to get that new house, so you can set up the new tank, so THEN you can fire up the new ER. Get 'er done!! Pretty soon Mike is gonna try to buy it from you! for cheap cheap -lol

I know, working on it!!!! We need to sell our house first and man the market is incredibly slow here.

I'm hoping Mike buys the reefflo skimmer, then eventually I can talk up the ER and we can do a trade or something. Then again I might just love the ER so much I'll never part with it. I do love my CS6-2, it rocks my world!

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Well ,you know that whatever he buys, he's going to sell, so just wait him out. Although the ER is probably going to do it for you!
Old 03-11-2009, 05:43 PM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
We all have a right to voice our opinions. I did just that as you have. I truly believe what I wrote and did not embellish to add weight to my arguement.
Also, I would not call my support of the military "blind." After about 1 year of research and live changing thought. I am proud to say, my paperwork has been submitted as to my joining the Canadian Forces Reserves.
And no, not every soldier in the world chose their job. In fact, I'd say a very large number had it thrust upon them.
1. Again...we are not talking about every soldier in the world...
2. I was in the reserves...never combat but...i got to drive a nice western star....and as a civilian contractor...quit went to university
3. By blind i meant the way in which it seemed like you agreed...being in army does not deserve special treatment ie. he joined he shoulkd have figured out his pay before....(again asumming no one reneged on wages...the responsibility lies with them) by bringing up the "fought and died for our country" part you came across as the military deserve special status because of this, as such it would seem you think because they fight and die they deserve special status..ie looking past the fact it is volunteer, their pay rate is known to them etc etc...by overlooking this fact i agree with my statement of "blind". It is not a personal i think anyone who fails to see the whole picture should be called blind....

But whatever...join or don't...be careful if you do...now anyone who has read this thread can't complain when they get meals in a bag and shot at if they join the military and are deployed in combat...

Old 03-11-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:

Alternatively I would have liked to try out one of the ReefFlo Orca skimmers, I was looking at the 250 which is rated for 200-800 gallons. But its external and that kind of freaks me out a bit. The Octopus Extreme 250 is an in sump model, has gotten good reviews and is like half the price.

I suppose ultimately the best deal was the RS250 as I got it used and it looks brand new and has the gate valve mod done already.

Has anyone looked into those cone skimmers? I see Progressive Reef has some Octopus Hurricone Category 2 skimmers. They look interesting.
I don't feel sorry for someone who can keep acrylic in a shed in the winter and not have it crack

I am of course assuming an un-heated shed

Old 03-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Staff

No its heated but now I'm thinking about going home at lunch to check on it. Jeez thanks a lot

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
No its heated but now I'm thinking about going home at lunch to check on it. Jeez thanks a lot
Nah, all my acrylic is outside unheated. You're fine. Although it might look good on the coffee table instead of the shed. Just sayin'...
Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Myka, its not called brown nosing to the USA, its called out commitment to NATO. Thats the force that there. Its just to bad that the other NATO countries, {except for Britian and a few others}, wont let their troops peek out from behind their protective barriers. As far as I,m concerned, the next time one of them need us, {being Canada, Britian, & the USA}, we should tell them sorry.

Thats the really sad thing about us being there. That and the USA troops being in Iraq instead of Afganistan, but thats another story and not for a Canreef lounge.
Besides if your nose is too close to an american it comes out red white and blue....not brown

NATO and the UN....hmm...that brings up the question of whether or not support should be given to a country who does not keep their commitments to the UN or NATO...(i personally think these organizations are bigger than one persons refusal, I also think the middle east is beyond the scope of NATO....UN yes...NATO no.)

Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Nah, all my acrylic is outside unheated. You're fine. Although it might look good on the coffee table instead of the shed. Just sayin'...

I dunno, I guess it would make a great conversation piece. People coming to look at the house might think it a bit odd though. Maybe if I took the collection cup off and put some flowers in it or something

My 180 Build

Closed Thread