Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-09-2007, 02:12 AM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

just go to the giant tiger and buy dennis a chrome gun (fake or real depending if you go in the front or rear) a red dew rag and a tshirt with a dragon on it,then get him to park his caddie on the grass in front of the building and walk up and down the halls yellin who has a problem wit cats.
presto no more problems,ever
Old 11-09-2007, 02:39 AM
Masterbaiter

Joe Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Joe Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i have crabs View Post
just go to the giant tiger and buy dennis a chrome gun (fake or real depending if you go in the front or rear) a red dew rag and a tshirt with a dragon on it,then get him to park his caddie on the grass in front of the building and walk up and down the halls yellin who has a problem wit cats.
presto no more problems,ever
haha....you watch too many movies.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:17 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Condo rules, yah, my brother lived in one and someone put up a blind in their door window and everyone voted they had to take it down. It wasn't offensive, the rule was no blinds on the door.....
Old 11-09-2007, 07:06 AM

midgetwaiter is on a distinguished road

I have this theory about condo boards and neighborhood associations. You take somebody who is marginalized at work, unlucky in social situations etc and then elect them to a "position of influence" and they turn into these passive aggressive little attack bots that live to mess with other people. Normal well adjusted people have better thing to do with their lives. It probably explains politics at any level really.

I was renting a condo from a guy a few years ago at 16 st and 14ave SW. As a mere renter I had no input into the rules and the guy that owned the unit didn't have time for this BS as he had a life or something. So I get a notice that I will be fined if I continue to keep my bike on the balcony because it makes the building look trashy. We're talking about the balcony over the unpaved alley complete with crack heads, glue sniffers, overflowing dumpsters, a broken down 83 Yugo with 3 wheels and five couches in the parking lot across the way. My expensive mountain bike chained up on the balcony makes it look "trashy".

As much as it pains me to say it Albert your friend probably won't get out of this unscathed. A note from a condo lawyer like others suggested will probably get that fine down to something reasonable but she's got to give a little for the losers to save face. If she doesn't they're going to be after her for anything they can take a stab at.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:44 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Sell condo, buy something where SHE makes the rules. Would be a cold day in you know what before I bought a strata or condo like that. I lived in a townhouse once that had similar rules....like everyones blinds had to be same color, etc. Never again.. but then, I never play by the rules LOL
Old 11-09-2007, 01:38 PM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

I would never live in a condo again becuase of the asinine "rules". The condo I owned had a one pet rule but I still kept 5 cats and two fish tanks

My condo was flooded once beauce two stories up a condo owner left their patio door open overnight on Xmas night and the baseboard heating pipe burst. Caused over $20,000 in damage. A year later a condo down the hall from me went up in flames.

Like Tony says it sucks that condos have become the new "starter home" for young people.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 11-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

[quote=banditpowdercoat;280647]Sell condo, buy something where SHE makes the rules. =/QUOTE]

Nice idea, but not realistic. Selling your condo and buying a house, if you qualify, could double your mortgage, especially in urban centres. A condo in Victoria sells for an average of say, 250k, houses start close to 500k. Vancouver is way sillier than that. Some peole just can't buy houses yet, especially younger single people.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Okay, I've made picture files of the letters and contract:

Letter 1

Letter 2

Contract

Of note is that she's never signed any contract as of to date. She just paid her downpayment, moved in and that's it.

Is there anything here I'm missing? I've contacted all the links here other than the University Law campus. I'll be heading there on Monday.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:28 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

Nuts.

Time to get on the board herself and straighten the rest of them out.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:49 PM

Brighteyes_13 is on a distinguished road

if she never signed anything is she obligated to act under the rules??? serioiusly... she needs to speak with a lawyer. as for the 131 days... they are completely disputeable. 2 seperate cats in 2 seperate incidences. how similar are they in aprearance? was it the same person who saw them both times? if not its pretty difficult to prove on their part.

Starting new setup as of Oct/16