Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-15-2011, 03:55 AM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road

I love how freaky Brandon Lee looks in the first shot.

But tanks looking good
Old 03-17-2011, 02:48 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
My dirty dirty rated xxx Torch

Very Niiiice Cool colouration under the new lights
Old 04-19-2011, 09:07 PM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

It has been about a month since I last updated this thread with pics of the tank etc. I have added a few more coral frags and what not.

The juvi clowns are still in the hospital tank and are recovering nicely.
Here are some pics of them on 04-04-2011. Runt has a big belly after being a huge piggy and eating most of the flake food. Their appetites have tripled since being in treatment and I feed them as much as I can without affecting water quality too much.
Omen has darkened a little bit which is interesting. He isn't as dark as these pics suggest, but it depends on the lighting he is under whether he seems darker or lighter.

I have decided to forgo putting an anemone in this tank and instead have decided to stick with different euphyllia species as they seem to really love the led lighting. Hammers, frogspawn, torches etc.

I have also decided to add a mandarin after it was suggested I should try one because of the abundant pod population in my tank. There was hundreds of them visible while lights were on, and more so when lights were off. So here she is. She is a little shy right now, but is going around and eating and sticking to one side of the tank right now. I am going to get tiger pods to repopulate, and I do have my larger tank if I am finding I cannot keep the population up in this tank, so I can move her over to that one.

I added in some zoas to see how they do under leds and for the extra color pop, especially the reds.

The other corals I have had in there are doing great. I moved the Purple tipped digi and affixed it to a rock where it can continue to grow. The red digis continue to grow slowly as well. Xenia is happy, as are the acans. I moved the gsp to the top of the tank on a rock with lots of branching in it to see how it would grow. It looks interesting up there now. And the Green Monti has really grown since being in this tank, though day time colors are not as vibrant as the mother colony in the larger tank. Oh and the green bottlebrush has really encrusted onto the plug. Who says corals can't grow under leds?

Current Front Tank Shot 04-18-2011

I also have about 15 mangrove pods starting to grow in this tank as well that you might be able to see the bottom of the pods in the front tank shot.. Once the red roots start they will add a nice contrast to the black. I will be amazed if they all grow out, and if they do, thank god they are slow growers. LOL.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 04-27-2011, 05:55 AM

Here is a short video of this tank..

Let me know what you think.

20L par38 led lit euphyllia garden with mandarin goby
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 04-27-2011, 05:58 AM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road

http://www.youtube.com/v/NYTVCuMFIqY?hl=en&fs=1

I like the video.. try to find in the mess of code wasnt easy.. or not.. now its there... tricky...

Tank looks great!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Video and tank look good Sarah.......lots of movement out of all those polyps..... whatcha got for flow atm in that wee tank of yours
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 04-28-2011, 12:57 AM

I am using a Koralia1, AC50 and ACmini which are on constantly. The K1 points from back left to front right of the tank.

Then there is also a Koralia nano 260 which is positioned in the front left pointing almost straight across to the right, but slightly positioned so the flow hits the front glass a little. It comes on only during lights on and is off at night.

The positioning of all of these has created a really nice intermittened flow, the euphyllia really like.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 PM

It has been a few weeks since reintroducing the juvi clowns to my system. They have no signs of reinfection at this time and they are eating like pigs, especially runt who's belly is as round as Santa Clause's.

The Euphyllia are all happy and growing, and the mandarin seems happy and is eating freeze dried cyclopeeze in between hunting for pods.

VIDEO 05-26-2011
Old 05-27-2011, 02:34 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

thought maybe you forgot about us over here, its been so long since you updated......the clowns look a whole lot better than in the last set of pics......and I like your cans.....acans that is
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 05-27-2011, 03:10 AM

Nope.. didn't forget aboutcha's here.. just been busy with some other stuff this month and I wanted to wait a bit to see how the little clowns were going to do after putting them back in the tank.

Now I am hoping beyong hope they start growing a bit more..even a little would be nice.