Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-17-2014, 02:30 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
that sucks dude. I'd have taken some off ya too, but I'm months away from firing mine up as well.
It's nice enough rock and all, if I decide to down grade to a biocube 14, but nothing usable in my tank.

At this point, I'm not sure there's ever been an unhappier customer in the history of customers!
I had my LFS guy call and specifically and repeatedly get assurances this exactly would not happen, and that I would get 6-7 large pieces in each of 2 boxes. I asked to have a couple of plate pieces added, and instead I got a third 40# box of flat pieces. I mean, WTF?? I ordered 100, not 140. And I can't use 120 of it. So now I'm on the hook for 3 boxes, shipping and stuck with a tank of curing rock that will end up over my back fence.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:48 PM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Currently discussing with Walt Smith, who is suggesting he sent no such order. So this appears to be re-boxed LA rock. Or rather, rubble.
What is LA rock?
Old 11-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by don.ald View Post
What is LA rock?
Probably Walt Smith rock that is shipped to LA, then stored and reshipped as ordered. As I said earlier, nice enough rock, and what I would expect from WS, but just way too small for my design plans.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:57 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

My 3 boxes of WS Fiji Ultra were money! I asked for one show piece and the rest moderate to large sized. I got what I asked for. It seemed like the boxes hadn't been tampered with too much but how do I know, tape is tape lol! That's sucks that your rock was cherry picked through if that was the case. I'd definitely ask whomever you bought it through to make it right. They made profit off it, lots or little that's not your concern. They should make it right.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Just a guy..

So I spoke to the supplier and saw the order placed to Walt Smith, and the error is on the Fiji side. As expected from this vendor, he's jumping at fixing this and I hope to minimize delays and losses in this transaction.

So yes, it is WS rock, as it appeared to be (nice quality) but WS must have had new staff packing with the thought that more rocks was better rocks
Old 11-17-2014, 06:45 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Sounds like they are going to fix this for you, that's great news. How long do you think it'll be held up at this point??
Old 11-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Just a guy..

Next shipment is Dec 7, so a 2 week delay in my schedule, which is a bit a juggling act as my LFS is closing down and I need to get all my fish out of there and into the tank I'll also have to cure the rock in. But I can manage that..

The vendor in question is TimT of Seacare, and Tim responded within 2 minutes of me emailing. Together with Tim, Walt, Deb Smith and Cam the livestock manager at WS, we're working through how to manage the mistake (on the Fiji side).
so far the response has been fantastic, exactly what we've come to rely on from Tim. I should mention this was brokered via my LFS, so for Tim to get directly involved is just an extra perk.

Thanks Tim!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:03 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

I haven't been on the site in a while. Just went thru your thread. Man that sucks and i hope things turn around for you. Good luck
Old 11-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
I haven't been on the site in a while. Just went thru your thread. Man that sucks and i hope things turn around for you. Good luck
Thanks Bill. Really, can't get much worse. Well, I suppose it could, but let's hope not! I'm aiming for TOTM for 2017ish, so I need to pull this all together soon!
Old 11-18-2014, 01:48 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Currently discussing with Walt Smith, who is suggesting he sent no such order. So this appears to be re-boxed LA rock. Or rather, rubble.
Hmm, so if he didn't send such order and you ordered from him, is he going to make it good? or is there a middle man that maybe screwed you over?

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.