Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 05-27-2012, 01:45 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockrookie View Post
thats a little harsh i love this site. friendly banter and in general a great group of ppl. ppl like to share the things they love kids fish cars. good times and bad. you say blog ...isnt a reef journal a blog sharing your thoughts ideas and mishaps. ive learned alot of things.and concider mysef a newb always. cautious in the advise i give for fear of being wrong.. but through all the banter ppl are helped.. isnt that the point. why cant it be lively.. i prefer learning with a chuckle than learning through a textbook. canreef is a great famiy of reefers that truly care and try to help ppl succeed. i dont see reefers on reefcentral going out of thier way to ship a tank to the middle of nowhere tohelp a reefer out. or taking time to rebuild and personally deliver a tank cross country.. all i saw from my short time on reefcentral where ppl with too much money and time on thier hands ban happy mods. and reef bunnies with no tanks just talking about thier menstral cycle. given there are great ppl on there as well i dont mean to judge all as a group.

all in all if you feel that strongly dont log on lifes to short..if the mods and owners dont care why should we.. be happy and happy reefing to you..im gonna kiss some babies..while drooling over fish and corals.)

disclaimer: this is a post of my opinions and mine alone and in no way am i paid to do so. nor do my opinions reflect any of that of canreef staff. if you wish to hate me for my opinions please do so in silence or pm i will not respond to an argument.
+1

There is still a lot of reef talk on here but I personally enjoy the lounge section for the non reef posts were you get to know other members on a more personal level.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:10 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Pretty much no need to come to this site anymore. Sites turned in to a useless blogging site. Thought this site was about fish, corals etc. Not how you cant find a job, your baby, zombies and all that garbage. Save that crap for Facebook. Moderators have allowed it to become a joke with some people. Don't know why newbies figure that they feel the need to respond to every post even though they're not even sure they know the answer. It's kept me away. None of this nonsense on Reefcentral.
Hehe, I don't mind the useless banter as long as it is in the Lounge. I choose not to read Tank Journals that have a bunch of chatter in them. I've seen some sites where commenting in Tank Journals is only allowed by the author which I think is absolutely brilliant. Separate comment threads are made for the journals. That's my biggest pet peeve about the useless banter, is when it is gumming up an otherwise interesting journal thread.

On the other hand, I rarely post on RC...I don't care for those forums at all. Too many people and too political. I find either threads get lost in the heap and get no answers or they get 50,000 replies and it takes 3 hours to sift through 300+ pages to find the info you're after in between all the clutter.

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Seriously??? I recall reading madreefer's posts on Brett's "alternate site". He hated it here because we didn't allow certain things. He was never posting here again. Now you're posting here again, complaining we allow too much??

You are welcome, no, encouraged, to go to RC instead. Hopefully they enjoy you as much as we have. See ya later.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:31 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

+1,000,000!!!
Could not have said it any better then Jeff, Laurie, Myka & Brad but I could have said it a lot less family friendly so I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 05-27-2012, 03:42 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

And on that note some more useless banter.........

Taking my first day off in months & going golfing for the first time in 2 yrs, hope I remember how it's done.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 05-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Wasn't the point of having this "Random Thought Thread" to keep our random thoughts confined, more or less, to this single thread. I think it is serving its purpose well. Same with the Lounge.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
And on that note some more useless banter.........

Taking my first day off in months & going golfing for the first time in 2 yrs, hope I remember how it's done.

sorry Greg, but due to recent complaints, we're going to have to ban the use of the words "months", "golfing" and the number "2". Please try to banter with more useful words/numbers.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:53 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/post_padding

Pretty much no need to come to this site anymore. Sites turned in to a useless blogging site. Thought this site was about fish, corals etc. Not how you cant find a job, your baby, zombies and all that garbage. Save that crap for Facebook. Moderators have allowed it to become a joke with some people. Don't know why newbies figure that they feel the need to respond to every post even though they're not even sure they know the answer. It's kept me away. None of this nonsense on Reefcentral.

Ouch dude this is a social website about reefing and marine what kind of expectations were you expecting its a site for all ages. a more serious approach where you don't have to read posts would prob be a book....never too late for books

I've made friends, learned a lot, got great deals and have helped many others......I fuss all that is not what the sites about eh , personally this site is ran a lot better then others....I noo don't post on RC....rarely anyways....canreef is very friendly and even Though we have fun( God forbid) we teach and learn.

If this site was as bad as you say has I been running so long,
Old 05-27-2012, 03:58 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Hey, I'm a newb...with a years experience, doesn't that count for something?? I know a lot less than a lot of peeps here but I have learned a thing or two on this site. I like the people here and appreciate the time given to answering my questions. I also like how this site allows me to get to know people that otherwise I likely wouldn't speak to. I've been to RC and find there's so much going on and so many people that the personal touch is not there. Here's hoping this site remains as it is!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Just a guy..

My random thought ...what makes a madreefer mad? Is he angry mad? Or is he crazy mad? How did the madness happen? How can we turn the madreefer into a gladreefer? Maybe we can't, which might make some sadreefers.

I'm going to go for a long run now and contemplate the madness...