Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-28-2012, 05:53 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

My yasha jumped out of my 34g over the weekend when I was in Calgary which prompted me to start to put egg create over my tanks. I got it over my 80g, got half the 230g fowlr tank covered (the half that always seems to have lots of water splashes over the side of it) then got to tired yesterday to finish.

Feed the fowlr tank around 9:30pm tonight and my pink fairy wrasse was in it. The same pink fairy wrasse......who was almost killed by my mexican rainbow wrasse (he constantly picked on the mexican rainbow until the rainbow realized he was bigger and beat the crap out of him) but somehow he survived it and went on to make a miracle recovery......only to jump out of the tank tonight!!!!!! I've had him for about 2yrs and even when the rainbow was chasing him like crazy and almost killed him he never jumped then. When he was getting beat up I tried in vain to catch him out of the 230g but was unsuccessful, then he made a full recovery and in the past 2 months things seemed to have settled down and they seemed to be getting along ok. Finally put some egg create over half the tank and he jumps???? WTF??????

I fell asleep on the couch shortly after feeding the tanks around 9:30pm. Around 10:30 my dog Bailey started barking which was odd as my big dog rarely barks, but I was asleep on the couch and was to tired to think of why she was barking. When I finally got off the couch to go to bed (around 11:15) I found him on the carpet steps a level up from the fish tanks He was dried up and pretty dead looking (and I'm guessing the cat batted him around and left the fish on the steps....not sure how else he'd get there) but I tried putting him in the sump anyway, hoping that somehow he'd come back to life, unfortunately he did not and I had to flush him

Super mad at myself for not finishing covering the other half of the tank and for not waking up when Bailey was barking......can't help but wonder if I had of woken up if I would I have been able to find him and save him in time

Last edited by fishoholic; 03-28-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:38 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

These "way before release marketing threads" get really tiring. Maybe I'm just cranky this morning but the blaring trumpets are making me cross eyed.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:50 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerupper View Post
Pffft
Permits are over-rated.
Pffft ... fizzzzz ... ZAP!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:54 PM
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
can't help but wonder if I had of woken up if I would I have been able to find him and save him in time
Ack, that definately blows. Don't beat yourself up over it for too long. Just store it for future procrastination events.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 PM

Flash is on a distinguished road

i know it shoudn't bother me.... but seriously... My work e-mail has my name written in bold letters:

Lyndsy Maksym
Tool Crib Coordinator
Prairies Region

Yet everyone still spells my name wrong... EVERY TIME.... it's frustrating... I think I'm going to start calling people by random names through e-mail at work...Granted it's not a common spelling.. but it's right infront of their faces!

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:28 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Ack, that definately blows. Don't beat yourself up over it for too long. Just store it for future procrastination events.
Ya it sucked. I finished all my egg create covers for the tanks last night. Here's hoping I will not have any more fish jumping accidents.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 AM
On Hiatus

I know this isn't a chat section but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
Ya it sucked. I finished all my egg create covers for the tanks last night. Here's hoping I will not have any more fish jumping accidents.
Did you get your crate to fit well ?
Mine fit so well into my Aqueon I was shocked. All I had to do was file smooth the cut ends. I have a 75g so a left and right piece for me, and a custom one for the overflow box with some bug screen on it. Now I can remove my standpipe strainers for more flow
Old 03-30-2012, 02:33 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
I know this isn't a chat section but ...

Did you get your crate to fit well ?
Mine fit so well into my Aqueon I was shocked. All I had to do was file smooth the cut ends. I have a 75g so a left and right piece for me, and a custom one for the overflow box with some bug screen on it. Now I can remove my standpipe strainers for more flow
Pretty sure this is 313 pages of chat section.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:07 AM
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Pretty sure this is 313 pages of chat section.
Ya I know, but you get my point. In the spirit of Mindy's original post, this is for Random Thoughts, not back and forth banter.
Anyway, I just threw it out there to cover my butt
Old 03-30-2012, 03:13 AM

cuz is on a distinguished road

always C.Y.A.!!!!!!