Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:28 AM

mikepclo is on a distinguished road

It was more like a question...but I hope you have good news for BK owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Codfather View Post
I wouldn't say that. Lets not jump to any conclusions before we know some facts.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:44 AM

dave_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
I would want to say until I hear a answer from Jeremy that you would be **** out of luck. but that is my opinion If they are not going to warrant the pumps. due to a mis hap in the company. not to worry if for some reason that your pumps goes belly up and you can't get a replacement.

you can always use a Bubble Blaster pump as a back up. they are pretty much the same pump in certain area's now im now saying they are exactly the same but you can hook them up as u would with the RD pump.

folks have been doing this on RC for a while now.

you should not make statements such as this. I really don't think you have any inside info about what has happen with the two companies.

from my understanding is proline has a invested interest in vertex but that does not mean they own the company! there for vertex is not going anywhere, so warranty of any kind in the vertex line up should not a problem.

from my understand RE aka bubble king will be going the a direct to customer model and there for no distribution is needed, that is just what i have heard but no real info on this either. i myself think if this happens most stores will be dropping this line as the same thing happen when euro-reef did this.

As for warranty on bubble king i would hope a company like RE would not have an issue fixing or replacing product, i just can't see why they would not do this! i know i just had a pump replace by them within two months for a customer so i am not sure what the story is with your unit but i would go back to the store you bought this from and have them fight it out for you.

best of luck this this Dave
Old 06-27-2013, 01:54 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Torsten emailed me and told me to contact either Aquarium Specialty or Premium Aquatics for all my BK needs.

He said "We had cancel the relationship with ProLine. We donīt have an exclusive distributor in future anymore.". So I assume I will be able to buy my replacement parts from either of those stores.

Just my assumption though.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Well Dave maybe you should do some reading like go on Reef Central before stating what you just said and its all over Reef central ,but you as a vendor and your knowledge knew that right.

so before telling me that I should not make statements go on RC and look under Premium aquatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave@conceptaquatics View Post
you should not make statements such as this. I really don't think you have any inside info about what has happen with the two companies.

from my understanding is proline has a invested interest in vertex but that does not mean they own the company! there for vertex is not going anywhere, so warranty of any kind in the vertex line up should not a problem.

from my understand RE aka bubble king will be going the a direct to customer model and there for no distribution is needed, that is just what i have heard but no real info on this either. i myself think if this happens most stores will be dropping this line as the same thing happen when euro-reef did this.

As for warranty on bubble king i would hope a company like RE would not have an issue fixing or replacing product, i just can't see why they would not do this! i know i just had a pump replace by them within two months for a customer so i am not sure what the story is with your unit but i would go back to the store you bought this from and have them fight it out for you.

best of luck this this Dave
Old 06-27-2013, 02:39 AM

dave_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
Well Dave maybe you should do some reading like go on Reef Central before stating what you just said and its all over Reef central ,but you as a vendor and your knowledge knew that right.

so before telling me that I should not make statements go on RC and look under Premium aquatics
will it is true that i haven't been on reef central for quiet a while but what i know is not some hear say from a public forum, now i also can't say for sure if it was bs blown up my a!! or not time will tell

what i do know it the vertex alpha skimmer design was bought from RE and was produce under the vertex brand and the new omega skimmer has more similarities with the new coralvue skimmer than any bubble king that i have seen. I also have heard the the manufacturing of the vertex skimmers have been moved to a new plant and will be up and running soon.

and again i will say again, proline has an invested interest in vertex, inventory and parts are still available for order, so i will ask again why would anyone buying vertex product would be screwed?

like i said before, i am not 100% sure if RE is going direct to customer but it is not hard to figure out what RE intent is, just go to their web site and look for the parts store.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:46 PM

ultreef is on a distinguished road

FYI for everyone. I have an actual RE skimmer, a BK mini180. And my pump recently died. Well as you all know, no one in n. America can help so I email RE directly. Couple emails later, they are going to send me a new motor block + impeller. Which is awesome cuz it's only the motor block that's dead.

So I think warranty service for BK products are still great.

Where ppl are getting screw is a Vertex product that has the RD pumps. Now Vertex have no access to RD pump/parts for warranty replacement.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:08 PM

Razor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultreef View Post
FYI for everyone. I have an actual RE skimmer, a BK mini180. And my pump recently died. Well as you all know, no one in n. America can help so I email RE directly. Couple emails later, they are going to send me a new motor block + impeller. Which is awesome cuz it's only the motor block that's dead.

So I think warranty service for BK products are still great.

Where ppl are getting screw is a Vertex product that has the RD pumps. Now Vertex have no access to RD pump/parts for warranty replacement.
3 - Fluval E300 heaters
Old 06-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Okay, let's clear some things up:

1. RE is moving to a direct sales model. Some of you may recall EuroReef did this a while back. It wrecked their business model. Why did they do it? Who knows, but it was BS.

Unfortunately, there is nothing Proline, nor Vertex for that matter, can do about this. When a small company (RE) decides they want to change the direction of their business, there is no board or committee to recommend against toxic actions. It's sad and it f**ks a lot of us, but it's happening.

2. Vertex has moved manufacture of the entire Alpha line to their own factories in Germany. There will be a slight lull as they retool everything, but all molds and designs are owned by Vertex and were previously commissioned to RE for assembly.

3. The pumps will be available once retooling is done. RE pumps are not magical. They're an Askoll motorblock with some well thought out custom components, components that should be readily/easily engineered by a competent firm. I may be going out on a limb here, but I feel (given my affinity) that Vertex is a competent firm.

4. The rest of what you get on the forums is hearsay.

Edit: Dave is right - Parts for Alpha skimmers are still readily available. In the future, they will no longer bear the Red Dragon moniker. That is all.

As an added bonus, removing the commissioned manufacturer will open a few doors for the sake of making improvements and/or price reductions, especially on parts.

Last edited by albert_dao; 06-27-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:12 PM

Razor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
Okay, let's clear some things up:

1. RE is moving to a direct sales model. Some of you may recall EuroReef did this a while back. It wrecked their business model. Why did they do it? Who knows, but it was BS.

Unfortunately, there is nothing Proline, nor Vertex for that matter, can do about this. When a small company (RE) decides they want to change the direction of their business, there is no board or committee to recommend against toxic actions. It's sad and it f**ks a lot of us, but it's happening.

2. Vertex has moved manufacture of the entire Alpha line to their own factories in Germany. There will be a slight lull as they retool everything, but all molds and designs are owned by Vertex and were previously commissioned to RE for assembly.

3. The pumps will be available once retooling is done. RE pumps are not magical. They're an Askoll motorblock with some well thought out custom components, components that should be readily/easily engineered by a competent firm. I may be going out on a limb here, but I feel (given my affinity) that Vertex is a competent firm.

4. The rest of what you get on the forums is hearsay.

Edit: Dave is right - Parts for Alpha skimmers are still readily available. In the future, they will no longer bear the Red Dragon moniker. That is all.

As an added bonus, removing the commissioned manufacturer will open a few doors for the sake of making improvements and/or price reductions, especially on parts.
I'm good with this.
3 - Fluval E300 heaters
Old 06-27-2013, 07:22 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

Perhaps this is a really naive question, but I know nothing about retail or supply chains: Why is a direct to customer model considered bad? Why would that make stores drop a line of products?
Closed Thread