Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-18-2013, 12:09 AM

fishpoops is on a distinguished road

Tank chemistry looking good, was down to 0 nitrites 0 ammonia and 5 ppm nitrates. I feel like Walter White.
did a 10 gallon water change and changed my rock configuration. it is not quite as tall as it was but it is much more stable now and still has a few good hiding holes. I think there is more horizontal planes for corals as well. still haven't seen any visible hitch hikers

Hopefully will get good numbers tomorrow. will get CUC in the next week after just a bit more research.

considering whether or not to hook up the oceanic skimmer that came with it.

doing a water change weekly or every three days really isn't a big deal as part of the reason I got the tank was so I wouldn't sit watching tv all the time.

Starting to get giddy about getting something in the tank!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 AM

Default Critters

Picked up two Turbans and two Electric Blue Hermits and a Scarlet Reef Hermit today. One snail went straight for the glass and the other one went for a live rock Island. The one on the live rocks is pounding back the diatoms. Kinda surprised at how clean it is getting the rock. Crabs seem to be just chillin out for the most part. One of the blues has moved around a bit more than the other two. I think I shall name them Huey Dewey and Louie. Maybe Jay and Silent Bob for the Turbans lol
Old 04-19-2013, 01:51 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

You make me laugh my face off.

The names are awesome. Well done!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:59 PM

Either Huey Dewey or Louie, Who shall be now known as Luke, Leia, and Han Solo went to the diatoms on the rocks last night starting to look a bit better in the tank. I can't tell the snails apart si I shall call them all Jabba the Hut.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 AM

Did the visit the family vacation. My favourite part was driving 24 hours for a 5 day "vacation"

Roommate texts me on day 3 and says one of my electric blue crabs has died. I got home tonight and went straight for the tank took out the crab in question and put him in a glass of tank water and waited. While I waited he decided to come back to life and walk around his container. I may have to rename him Lazarus or something similar.

After telling the roommate if he sees my dog not moving to make sure she is not sleeping before he calls me at work telling me she has passed on I checked the numbers and all were thankfully good. Headed to the LFS tomorrow to get a couple more members for the CUC and some more tests kits.

Need to research to see if I can mod a photon 16 to fit in the canopy and get rid of the power compacts. Should be a good day to wind down the busy vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 AM

Default Fun Day

After driving around the city all day (6 hours) looking for a salon sink the
'boss' let me go visit Denny at concept and got some zoas and a couple flowerpot frags and a chalice frag. it's taken a few hours but they are starting to open up now. so looking forward to having some colour in the tank
Old 04-26-2013, 09:06 AM

some pics of the frags

Old 05-03-2013, 01:05 AM

Default With so much drama with the pod

Have some sort of Juvenile pods swimming in the tank. hopefully they turn out to be good ones.