Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Maybe they need to breed some blonde Border Collies so they can charge more for them.
I think they already do
Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
It kills me to see that kind of price too. I have papered Border Collies, they cost anywhere from $300 -$500 with no breeding restrictions.
yup, we should have got one of them. we paid 1000 with a no breeding restriction (there is actualy a 5000.00 buck fine if I do breed him) , fully papered and regestered though. and that was cheep in Van for the same thing you pay 1500 to 2000. but eveything cost more in vancouver.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
I wasn't going by that list, was using the actual intelligence list that has brad's dog right up in the top two.

Steve
Sorry, that list does specify train-ability But I do agree, the ones I've seen are fairly smart, working in the agility ring. They can put things together fairly well. Not like Border Collies, mind you, but still pretty sharp. I think they're great dogs for families with kids. I wouldn't call them dumb, just happy. If you want dumb, get an Aussie
Old 01-16-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't call them dumb, just happy. If you want dumb, get an Aussie
oh I call him dumb all the time, expecialy at 10:30 at night when I am in my robe trying to go to bed and the dumbA$$ won't come in because I don't have a treat in my hand. He thinks its funny just to sit there and play dumb.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 01-16-2013, 01:31 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I've seen lots of pure breds in Edmonton that have registered parents but the owners didn't register the puppies for very reasonable prices. My dog is from a husky breeder that happened to be trying to sell their acreage at the time so they were selling the puppies unregistered for a third of their usual price. Some people just do it because they love puppies and don't register any of them even though they could and get more money. Just need to spend some time and keep an eye out.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 AM
Just a guy..

http://www.whitephantomkennels.com/r...t-not-papered/

just some info..
Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
I've seen lots of pure breds in Edmonton that have registered parents but the owners didn't register the puppies for very reasonable prices. My dog is from a husky breeder that happened to be trying to sell their acreage at the time so they were selling the puppies unregistered for a third of their usual price. Some people just do it because they love puppies and don't register any of them even though they could and get more money. Just need to spend some time and keep an eye out.
it just doesn't make sence. it cost under 20 bucks to regester a dog as a private individual, if you are a breeder doing 2 or more of a litter it is even cheeper. why would they discount 300 to 800 bucks to save 20?
usaly if they don't register them it is because they can't.

Steve

Old 01-16-2013, 02:53 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone who says that golden retrievers are not the smartest or like blonds . Has never owned one . I have had two retrievers our first one was so smart at times I thought she could read my mind. Unfortunately she passed away at the young age of six. Our current golden is nine and she still has the energy of a puppy . Great dogs I cants say enough about the loyalty factor they have followed by two boys around like they were there own pups. My first golden would put my son to bed when he was little and as soon as he fell asleep she would walk down stairs after doing her job. Good luck finding a new member to your family but I do warn you that your Going to need a good vacuum
Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Makes a good point about disease/defect tests. Always ask for proof of the testing and first shots regardless of breeder, hobbiest, registered or unregistered. I took the rest with a grain of salt after I read their article on how crossbreeds are bad and imply that most people who doesn't register their dogs or sell crossbreeds are out to scam you and don't care for their animals.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
it just doesn't make sence. it cost under 20 bucks to regester a dog as a private individual, if you are a breeder doing 2 or more of a litter it is even cheeper. why would they discount 300 to 800 bucks to save 20?
usaly if they don't register them it is because they can't.

Steve
Not everyone breeds dogs to make lots of money, usually just the bad ones. I met the mother and father, saw their awards, saw their pedigrees, have copies of the vet checks and list of diseases/genetic defects that were tested for, have copies of the all their first shots and vacinations. The actually asked me at the time of sale if wanted to have him registered but after all this why would I care if he came with a piece of paper as he was getting fixed so it would be worthless anyway. I bought a friend for the family and a companion for my other dog, not bragging rights. As I stated, they were selling their acearage and needed to get rid of the dogs. They were getting old and moving into town so they couldn't breed dogs any more as it was getting to be too much for them with the kids all grown and moved away. Some people don't actually breed animals for the money as hard as that is for some people to believe, it is because they love the dogs. The owner ran a very successful business and just bred dogs for fun, their house was selling for well over a million dollars. Just because someone doesn't pay a fortune for a dog doesn't mean that there is a problem with the animal. The OP just needs to make sure that regardless of what dog he buys that he ensures all the proper vet checks and vaccinations have been done to lessen the chance of health issues down the road.