Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-27-2012, 07:34 PM

badfish! is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to badfish!

I think that if you do decide to get the vehicle, you should get it with the package/options that you want. You dont want to look back in a few months and say "it's nice, but I wish I'd gotten this option...". I bought a new car a few years ago, and it didnt have heated seats (not the end of the world, but when you're spending that kind of money, it's not exactly like you'll just buy another one to get the options later... at least I couldnt).
Old 06-27-2012, 07:54 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

This one has everything. When we first went to check out the cars, there's so much variety between them, I went through the list of must haves. There is not much missing from this one and if there is, I can't imagine what it would be. If I did go lower end, I would give up quite a few options, but it would still be a great car. Its not low end, not high end, right in the middle.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

What kind of car is it?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 PM

If I go through with the purchase, I will post a picture tomorrow. If not, then no biggie.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

If you're simply switching models than you shouldn't have ANY problem at all, do let them know ASAP though so they don't spend a lot of time getting a car ready for delivery that isn't actually sold. If you're moving to a different brand you may get some headache getting your deposit back but most places aren't really interested in ****ing someone off for life over a pretty inconsequential deposit.

As far as whether or not to pick the higher end or lower end... only you know that. Some features are simply gimmicks that may save you a TON of money, while others are essential to you enjoying the car and really not that expensive. Maybe the lower end car could have a few of the essentials added? Or, consider the value in the mid-range model you've selected... when we bought our last car we got it with a few bells and whistles that are nice but we normally wouldn't spring for... the value/bang for our buck was so good though that we took it and don't regret the $25/month extra that we're paying.

MarkoD did you plan on actually contributing to this thread or are you just here to troll? I'm sorry you worked for a bunch of roaches and didn't have the backbone to report the collision to anybody... but after seeing what my sister is paying for a wedding photographer I'm struggling with the irony of a photographer talking about how dealerships rape people with ridiculous prices.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Fork View Post
MarkoD did you plan on actually contributing to this thread or are you just here to troll? I'm sorry you worked for a bunch of roaches and didn't have the backbone to report the collision to anybody... but after seeing what my sister is paying for a wedding photographer I'm struggling with the irony of a photographer talking about how dealerships rape people with ridiculous prices.
You sir, are my hero.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Fork View Post
If you're simply switching models than you shouldn't have ANY problem at all, do let them know ASAP though so they don't spend a lot of time getting a car ready for delivery that isn't actually sold. If you're moving to a different brand you may get some headache getting your deposit back but most places aren't really interested in ****ing someone off for life over a pretty inconsequential deposit.

As far as whether or not to pick the higher end or lower end... only you know that. Some features are simply gimmicks that may save you a TON of money, while others are essential to you enjoying the car and really not that expensive. Maybe the lower end car could have a few of the essentials added? Or, consider the value in the mid-range model you've selected... when we bought our last car we got it with a few bells and whistles that are nice but we normally wouldn't spring for... the value/bang for our buck was so good though that we took it and don't regret the $25/month extra that we're paying.

I did contribute that dealerships shouldn't be trusted.

I don't rape anyone with my photography prices. There are alternatives to taking taking a car to a dealership and get the same service for much less. Producing high quality wedding prints can't be done by just anyone who picks up a camera.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:59 PM

With my previous suv I had to get all services and oil changes done at the dealership if I wanted to keep the warranty.

Mercedes dealer charges 250 dollars for an oil change. Mr lube charges 75

That's what I meant by rape
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 PM

Magma is on a distinguished road

I had a deposit and everything on a Truck back in Oct and I was ready to go pick it up and Instead I called and backed out, ask for my deposit back after making a stink about it and having to call over the manager I got it back. They did try and push me into it and I stood my ground they are salesmen they make money on the sale they don't care if you want to downgrade or upgrade the fact is they want the sale, it keeps them going. If you have want to back out just stand your ground and fall into the pressure they will put on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
. Producing high quality wedding prints can't be done by just anyone who picks up a camera.
Why not? I used to sell Digital SLR's when I was in high school before I went into the trades. I sold to professionals and amateurs and every few weeks I got to see them come back to get pictures printed. Its really simple to take a good photo with the proper tools. After that you can go to any of the numerous printing places in Calgary and get some great printing done for relatively cheap.

My sisters photographer was a friend and she charged 1800$ for a basic package with some "perks" from being a friend. Her camera was mid range, her flash was mid range and the only trick she had was a light shade for outside. If you can take a good photo you can get a high quality print done its simple.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
With my previous suv I had to get all services and oil changes done at the dealership if I wanted to keep the warranty.

Mercedes dealer charges 250 dollars for an oil change. Mr lube charges 75

That's what I meant by rape
Isn't that part of owning a Mercedes or BMW or Audi or any of those high end cars? It's not a secret what they charge for their services and most people know that going into it or at least should. They charge it because they can. I just paid $39.99 for an oil change at the Mazda dealer by my house. I've bought 2 sets of tires from them as well, better than other places. I did not buy my car there, but I have had exceptional service from them and honestly surprised at their pricing.

This wasn't about the dealerships, it was about options and if I could get out at this point. Its a big deal to me, I know if I buy it, its going to cost me more to run it, gas, maintenance, etc. That's not the dealership bending me over, its the way it is. They did not in anyway push me into this particular car, its what I wanted, I've just been questioning my sanity. (and no its not a mercedes, bmw or audi)

I have intentially not said what kind of car as I don't want opinions on it. This is new for me and good to know that I can still change my mind, might **** some people off, but in the end, its my decision.

Thank you all for your input and experiences. I guess this happens more than one would think.