Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 05-04-2012, 02:37 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorcookie View Post

Reefwars, how old is the one you built? They re-did the sizing guidelines. The size was changed to being based on how much you feed, not the size of the tank. In the end, most scrubbers are a lot smaller now.

mines about 2 mths old, built it my self from home depot cost was around 50-70$ for everything.

i have a fairly large sheet, but since adding the scrubber i feed the equivelent of 4 cubes of frozen food, a coffee mug of liquid food and some pellets throughout the day......couldnt do that before the scrubber.

also my nitrates used to be huge because of the feedings, and now they sit at 10ppm(tested last night for the first time in a month)
Old 05-04-2012, 04:46 PM

mess7777 is on a distinguished road

The most expensive part is the lighting, everything else costs very little. And by expensive I mean relative to the other equipment for the build.

$20 each for the light fixture+reflector. Maybe $20 for everything else(PVC, screen).

I installed one about 5 weeks ago, POD growth exploded and although I haven't seen significant nutrient decreases yet, the screen continues to mature each week. I suspect within a few more weeks I will see my N and P start to come down.

As for the new design, there are a lot of kinks to work out in my opinion, and the waterfall design is actually easier(again in my opinion).

Here is a video to show the crazy amount of PODS as well as the ATS running.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Z1Pr8dWurQ
Old 05-04-2012, 05:09 PM

reefme is on a distinguished road

I have a few light fixtures+reflectors. If you interested please PM. Local only please.