Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-30-2013, 11:39 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

pics pics pics!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:14 AM

kdpuffer is on a distinguished road

Alright here are some pics, full system shot and full tank shot.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:27 AM

This build has been a roller coaster and a half and finally seems to be settling in. I started with moving everything over from the 55 and running my spare 29g as a temporary sump and all was awesome. Everything was thriving till I had the 55 baffled and installed then it all went south. When people say don't reuse sand they mean it. I did and nuked my tank. Lost the majority of coral namely all sps and put a major hurt on the LPS. Softies were ok but a bunch of fish perished also. Only survivors where my clowns and blenny. On this build I wanted to actually "upgrade" so I got led lighting (pharos LEDs from aqled) and upgraded my skimmer. That's when round 2 took place. Things had finally settled down and I added new fish and new coral. Then my skimmer decided to drop the plug out of the cup and dumped a full load of skim back into the tank. All fish perished except the engineer goby I got, including the clowns I had from day one in the 55. All new corals died also aswell as all my LPS. Softies were beat down but pulled through. After 6 months things had stabilized and I replaced my clowns along with some other additions. I went for broke and got a pair of mp40s along with a premium rose bubble tip. Mp40s are awesome by the way. The clowns are designer and look very sharp. This was back in September and things have continued to go well and I just added some new coral. Forest fire digi, fire and ice milli, strawberry shortcake, ponape birdsnest, validia acro(stunning) along with candy canes and a three head duncan frag. All the new coral looks great except the Duncan, trying to find a lower flow spot is proving tough but I have a couple more spots in mind. I have also added a mandarin courtesy of my father in law. The odd thing with all the crashes is that none of my snails died nor did my cleaner shrimp.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:28 AM

Here is a pic of the frags on the make shift frag rack. Thanks to canreef member baldy for that idea ;-)