Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-07-2012, 03:12 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

The revive def helps but just seperating a piece from the dead flesh helps the healing go quicker as the infection spreads. Basically seperating healthy pieces from dying pieces is before it gets affected as well.good job
Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

My alkalinity is fine at 8. I check it often, no problem there.

I have no idea what is upsetting that coral. I am guessing some virus or bacteria is attacking it since the Revive has done great for the frag. It is either that or something is still in my water but all other SPS are great, including all other milleporas.

Now getting that coral out is going to be a nightmare. The base is now about 2" in size can't even cut it with my largest cutters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
One thing to watch that i just got burned wiht is to make sure that you've turned down whatever dosing or Calcium reactors you have. I'd pumped my alk up way too high since i had die-off and my coral wasn't using as much as it used to. After all the chaos the little things are what end up getting you .
Old 03-08-2012, 03:08 AM

Casey8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
Hi,

I have an acropora that was very shaggy with extremely long polyps but since the Kent contaminated charbon there is practically no polyp extension and it seem to be getting worse rather than getting better. I did like 7 water changes after the event and it was looking better and better but now I stopped doing the water changes because the analysis on my water showed no more trace of copper or heavy metal but why is it going worse?

Should I keep doing 30% water change even though the copper is gone?

Anything else I can add to the water that will help polyp extention?

I just bought 2 new frags and they are millepora and have great polyps extension even after being a week in my tank.

It lost a lot of color but it is not bleached completely. So sad, that acropora looked like it had fur before.

Here is the before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2QYr-SDz6XM

and here is now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOzFJ...yer_detailpage

I am still doing water change religiously every 2 weeks, no matter what had happened. All my corals, some of them have got their color back except the blue and the purple colors, I found out they are the most difficult ones to regain their color. I think if I am lucky, it may take for another month or 2. Their Polyps extension are not great like before. But all my millepora have no problem at all, I think they are easy to care for even for the newbie reefer.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:18 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Glad to see yours are doing well. Some of mine that bleached and were blue and purple before are now plain green. Wierd how they look completely different. No blue yet on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey8 View Post
All my corals, some of them have got their color back except the blue and the purple colors, I found out they are the most difficult ones to regain their color. I think if I am lucky, it may take for another month or 2. Their Polyps extension are not great like before. But all my millepora have no problem at all, I think they are easy to care for even for the newbie reefer.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:39 AM

Casey8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
Glad to see yours are doing well. Some of mine that bleached and were blue and purple before are now plain green. Wierd how they look completely different. No blue yet on mine.
I have 2 blue colored corals that are turning green too. I think they are still in shock from being treated with that carbon. At least they are alive that is all I care about.