Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-14-2011, 02:39 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Pro photographer? why not post some growing sequence? and show the coloration under LED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
Ive seen noticeable growth over the last days with the sol that I've never seen before with 250watt 14000k mh
Old 12-14-2011, 03:59 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
Pro photographer? why not post some growing sequence? and show the coloration under LED?
Because I only have little frags here and there. Nothing really worth anything. Plus I'm still waiting for 1 more fixture

And just because I'm a photographer doesn't mean anything. I specialize in weddings and sports. Just like you can't ask a dermatologist what's wrong with your hearing

Last edited by MarkoD; 12-14-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:01 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
might as well wait for boxing day.

i got mine for 300 for the first one and 340 for each additional one during the store tours
Really? I thought there was a $399 MSRP that retailer aren't allowed to go under. No?

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Really? I thought there was a $399 MSRP that retailer aren't allowed to go under. No?
I don't think so. I know apple does that. But my lfs defiantly sold them at that price and sold so many that they're on major back order
Old 12-14-2011, 04:10 PM

BigAl07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Many of your bigger manufacturers will set MAP (Min Advertised Price) which just means you can't advertise lower prices but you can sell it for less. I work in retail and have to adhere to different rules from different vendors but many of them now have MAP. We just don't advertise low prices but if you call or come into the store we can sell for whatever we like.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

unclesalty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
Many of your bigger manufacturers will set MAP (Min Advertised Price) which just means you can't advertise lower prices but you can sell it for less. I work in retail and have to adhere to different rules from different vendors but many of them now have MAP. We just don't advertise low prices but if you call or come into the store we can sell for whatever we like.
This is 100% exactly how it works! I notice also most of the deals way below MRSP also are hush hush deals where the dealer doesn't want you broadcasting the cheap price which is understandable. I have yet to pay anywhere close to msrp/map on most of my major purchases.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Banned

unclesalty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
might as well wait for boxing day.

i got mine for 300 for the first one and 340 for each additional one during the store tours

Those prices are awesome as the guy I deal with told me $360 when I checked for a Canreefer the other day.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:52 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

But that's when it's fun to take photo of growing sequence. You take your small frag and in one month you take them again, each month or every second month and you check the growth.

I was surprised when I saw my photos 8 months later. I have some that are growing 1" per month so you can imagine after 8 months. It's fun to do and help you keep track of the growth and color.

I am a wildlife photographer...I understand photography well enough to do some little shots of corals I was assuming that you know a bit about photography and exposure, focal etc..that's all it takes

YOu really can't compare this to medicine... Photography does not require 6 years of university + and the same base apply to everything...it's only the lens that change. I don't see much difference between doing corals, bugs or a moose, or even a bird in flight.

Quote:
Because I only have little frags here and there. Nothing really worth anything. Plus I'm still waiting for 1 more fixture

And just because I'm a photographer doesn't mean anything. I specialize in weddings and sports. Just like you can't ask a dermatologist what's wrong with your hearing
Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
But that's when it's fun to take photo of growing sequence. You take your small frag and in one month you take them again, each month or every second month and you check the growth.

I was surprised when I saw my photos 8 months later. I have some that are growing 1" per month so you can imagine after 8 months. It's fun to do and help you keep track of the growth and color.

I am a wildlife photographer...I understand photography well enough to do some little shots of corals I was assuming that you know a bit about photography and exposure, focal etc..that's all it takes

YOu really can't compare this to medicine... Photography does not require 6 years of university + and the same base apply to everything...it's only the lens that change. I don't see much difference between doing corals, bugs or a moose, or even a bird in flight.
Well my biggest problem is that I took apart an expensive tripod to put the head on my monopod. And now I can't remember how to reassemble the tripod and can't justify another 500 for a new one.

And I agree that it's not hard to just take shots of frags. I'm really picky and selective with my photos. And unless I can make them look really good I probably would never post them
Old 12-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Great comparison... I hope your not leaving the LED taped up like that for too long though, Being against a flat surface like that is likely obstructing the heat sink.

Cheers,

Chris