Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-23-2011, 05:43 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
Because freshwater is harsh on many coral and will NOT kill the bacterias attacking it. It's like curing the disease by killing the patient.

for the H2O2, I would not dip it totaly but only drip some mix of peroxyde and tank water on the affected area to desinfect it and make sure that the healthy part does not receive any treatment.

I did this with a duncan that had brown jelly and it killed the brown jelly right away and it healed fast and now you can't even see where it was. For the goniopora, it is very fragile and I would not dare do any dip on healthy polyps, rather treat what is already affected because that will spread and die anyway.

I did not suggest putting H2O2 in the aquarium, if you read. Iodine will NOT kill the bacterias causing brown jelly.....bin there done that already.

ummm didnt you post a while ago about how using hydrogen peroxide in the aquarium is great?????

wouldnt a fresh water dip be just as dangerous as h202 if used only on the infected ares??

not trying to be argumentative but one post always seem to differ from another....again not trying to spark something....
Old 07-24-2011, 02:04 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

huh..nope. Never tried it in the tank so I would not say anything about that, only tried it as a dip for my zoanthids.

I killed a few zoanthids with freshwater dip...never killed one with H2O2 because it is simply tank water and extra oxygen. Beside, freshwater is useless against brown jelly so why do it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
ummm didnt you post a while ago about how using hydrogen peroxide in the aquarium is great?????

wouldnt a fresh water dip be just as dangerous as h202 if used only on the infected ares??

not trying to be argumentative but one post always seem to differ from another....again not trying to spark something....