Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:05 PM

Canuckgod420 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaundry View Post
You all realize you havent won the cup yet? You still have 12 more wins to go, and being that they are the biggest bunch of under-achievers since "The Bay City Rollers" I think your chances of actually winning the cup are still pretty slim. Presidents trophy or not, Chicago exposed a whole bunch of problems with your team and you can bet other teams are going to exploit it. Good luck though
Under achievers?

117 pts in the regular season is far from under achieving.
180G tank, custom DIY stand, Sunlight Supply-Sun Blaze 48" 8 bulb T5HO fixture, EuroReef CS6-1 and Vertex in 180 skimmers, 1/4 HP chiller, Tunze wavebox, 40G sump, and 40G refugium. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57451
Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaundry View Post
You all realize you havent won the cup yet? You still have 12 more wins to go, and being that they are the biggest bunch of under-achievers since "The Bay City Rollers" I think your chances of actually winning the cup are still pretty slim. Presidents trophy or not, Chicago exposed a whole bunch of problems with your team and you can bet other teams are going to exploit it. Good luck though
I am a Canucks fan but GO Canadians GO.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrologist View Post
I do remember Cam Ward, but he is one of the exceptions not the norm. Daniel was fine in the first 3 games, but where was he the last 3 games? 1pt in the last 3 games???? Not looking like the star he was in the regular season (seems to be a trend for these brothers during the playoffs). I just don't think they have that killer instinct great players have. I could be wrong, but they have yet to prove this otherwise.

Unless there number 1 line picks up there game, they have no chance. Chicago was in 8th place for a reason. Curse or not!

GO WINGS!

Chicago won last year with rookie Niemi.
Although I do agree with you that the Sedins have not played as well as they can in the playoffs, they're not as bad as many people think. In the last 3 years of playoffs Daniel has 31 pts. in 29 games and Henrik has 29 pts. in 29 games. And don't forget Vancouver has a pretty damn good 2nd line and respectable 3rd and 4th lines.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:01 AM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Yes, Henrik isn't playing well, (but Bolden's gone now), and even not at his best Daniel's got 5 goals (third in the playoffs). As for Luongo, if he falters Scneider's one of the best back-ups in the league. Wouldn't be the first time a youngster took his team to the cup. Remember Cam Ward?
Agree with this 100% but the ticket i think is Vigneault needs to see when lou isnt playing or coughing up too many rebounds and get scneider in before its 5-0. Im just not a lou fan. You cant hang on to them all but your supposed to knock rebounds off to the side, not up the slot. And everyones telling me around here that he came out and played the last game, ok, but a stanley cup goalie cant "show up" and play every 3 or 4 games. Hes got to be there every night and sometimes he has to be the guy the team leans on to pull them through if there not getting anything together. I just dont see him doing that. Had some good defence last game too. Also have to bow to crawford a bit too he kept that game close. Some of them stops were unbeliveable.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"
Old 04-28-2011, 04:28 AM

Rogue951 is on a distinguished road

Jeez guys. I'm just going one game at a time.
I don't know what get's people going more, This or tangs in a tank less than 90G. =P
Old 05-12-2011, 01:23 AM

Rogue951 is on a distinguished road

Thread Revival...

On to Round 3 !!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue951 View Post
Thread Revival...

On to Round 3 !!!!!

Just 8 more wins Baby!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 AM

MKLKT is on a distinguished road

Can't wait! I think everyone fell asleep during that Nashville series. I honestly thought SJ was going to finally prove me wrong about their work ethic and then started to (bad pun) tank.

It's always the 'other guys' that I've appreciated and where I think Gillis did the best job rounding out the bottom of the roster. Tambellini, Higgins, Lapierre, Rome, Alberts, etc. that's the big difference this year. Vancouver has for the most part been considerably more disciplined this year (Burrows and Kes from the start, Lapierre since arriving.) It's a good atmosphere of personal responsibility. Hopefully Hank and Dank getting goals in the last two games is the start of more offensive play in round 3.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKLKT View Post
Can't wait! I think everyone fell asleep during that Nashville series. I honestly thought SJ was going to finally prove me wrong about their work ethic and then started to (bad pun) tank.

It's always the 'other guys' that I've appreciated and where I think Gillis did the best job rounding out the bottom of the roster. Tambellini, Higgins, Lapierre, Rome, Alberts, etc. that's the big difference this year. Vancouver has for the most part been considerably more disciplined this year (Burrows and Kes from the start, Lapierre since arriving.) It's a good atmosphere of personal responsibility. Hopefully Hank and Dank getting goals in the last two games is the start of more offensive play in round 3.

Yup, we really need the Sedins to get going. Hard to imagine winning the cup with your top two scorers not contributing. That's like Detroit without Datsyuk & Zetterberg, SJ without Thornton & Heatley or TB without Stamkos & St. Louis.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:48 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

It's only an achievment if you can put together 16 wins in the playoffs. What a team does in the regular season is irrelevant unless they can back it up in the playoffs. You can have the best record in the regular season and look nothing more than average in the playoffs. Winning the Presidents trophy is usually a death sentence in the playoffs. If the only one contributing to the offence is Kesler the Canucks are doomed to be runner up's, no matter what Luongo is like. Chicago and Nashville have made the Canucks look very ordinary and very beatable. Whether is San Jose or Detroit I wouldn't be betting the farm on them going to the finals unless there is some dramatic improvement from the other players. I am hoping for a Boston/Vancouver final as most of my family are die-hard Canuck fans and being a Bruin's fan I am really hoping for a good final but I think the Bruins will roll over the Canucks if they meet for the cup.
Closed Thread