Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Wasn't suggesting putting the price up on a SA unit....

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:04 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

I know, as always we like to over explain everything trying to keep things as open as possible
Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I'd love the SA 2 unit but one thing confuses me. Assuming all the SA models and all the non SA models are the same except for number of pumps you can see a uniform difference in price accounting for one less or more pump. All except the SA2 which by that very pattern should be closer to $380. What's special about this model?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:01 PM

This is due to product sales popularity.

Because the SA3 and SA4 are massive sellers we are able to weigh large discounts on them. If the 3 and 4 sold a little as the SA2 does they would be more expensive as we would have very little to work with.

its all to do with volume.

The SA2 sells - about 1 a month
The SA3 - 50 ++++

However the slave 2 sells more, so the price is evenly spread in this range.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 10-27-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Aw poop. Thanks for clarifying.

Still sucks as any unit can be downgraded/upgraded by any seller in a few minutes by adding or removing a pump. To me popularity should have less impact when it's a product like that but what do I know. Someday I'll nab me one.

Last edited by lastlight; 10-27-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:33 PM

A dealer will pay more for upgrading and if downgrading they have to request the blank from us that comes with a weighted price tag dont worry we have you covered! Fair play for all.

In regards to price weighting, we would rather make sure the popular items are affordable to the many, we are also aware of the competition in the 3 stage doser units, and although the GHL cant really be compared in terms of quality to other makes, it is important to keep it competitive and within range. I think most people would rather spend $150 more for a product they know will last them many years over a product that "might" last them no more than 18 months. However if the product was $200 more expensive (about where the GHL SA3 should be priced at $500), then it becomes a tougher argument. Therefore as the SA3 especially sells by the boat load we are able to keep the price at rock bottom, which explains why we have no leverage when the Euro rises and you see the price ebb and flow.

As always probably opening up some argument based on us trying to be as open as possible to you guys, but hey I think ya all used that by now

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 10-27-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Gold Member

No no I'm not trying to start something. And trust me I know they're awesome dosers. In my head I had sorta thought (based on you saying a 3 to a dealer is just them removing a pump from a 4) that dealers didn't pay a premium for pumps on their own. More like they order a bunch of units and pumps and can configure them to sell meaning it wouldn't matter which is popular. I'll still save my sheckles either way.

On another note I rarely have to touch my magnesium. I would have thought SA2 would be the most popular!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:53 PM

The prices from GHL to us are comparitive, of course the pump and motors are sold to us more expensive so they are priced accordingly.

I can assure you upgrading or downgrading comes with strict regulation and monitored by us. Fair play is imperative to how we run our business model. An upgrade or downgrade is usually only allowed if we do not have stock to cover the dealers requirements as in at the time Reef Shoppes case.

One day I will stop being so open

In regards to SA3 vs SA2 - most go for the SA3 as they do like to balance the system properly, even if you are dosing only 1ml a day, its still 1ml every day. On the other note they may wish to have a pump on hand for dosing something else. And when dealing with the slave unit there are multiple options for the 3rd pump.

Edit - looking at stats for October - the SA4 is outselling the SA3 and has done for the past 7 weeks!

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 10-27-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Gold Member

Well crap maybe I better get SA3 lol. My current doser consists of a few iPhone alarms and my hand. NOT elegant.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:01 PM

jump quick and pick up and SA3 at $399 while stocks last!