Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 06-15-2010, 09:55 PM

commanderKien is on a distinguished road

What corals are you looking for in particular?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

hhahah I always laugh so hard everytime Kien has to something to say about "this Kein" guy. How many posts already? Off my head I can count like 5 :-)

Yeah I hate Kein too although i never met him, but I really like Kien guy, so make sure you know which one you are dealing with.

Did i mention Kien guy is an awesome photographer guy. I love the family picture that he took for my family, will definitely ask him to do again in 6 months. Again, not the Kein guy tho
Old 06-15-2010, 10:00 PM

commanderKien is on a distinguished road

Yeah he's taken a few choice shots of my bits and bytes before as well. A real standup guy.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:07 PM

Polscot is on a distinguished road

shrooms, zoas, gsp,
Old 06-15-2010, 10:41 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

My apologizes if I came of like a Jerk, no harm intended just pointing out this hobby can be pricey at times. If you keep an eye out on canreef there are some wicked deals to be had but again it's all up to supply and demand.

Quote:
its too much and i know there not worth that much
This is a very relative absolute statement, LFS's in Calgary in most cases have very good prices again considering the considerable cost to ship in and maintain these fragile species. To bash them all because they are asking retail prices is unfair, after all without them where would we get all of our equipment/ livestock from?

Golds on 17th has wicked prices and Red Coral always has good cheap zoas if your looking for cost efficiency.
Levi
Old 06-15-2010, 10:48 PM

appreciate it, and yes it was a bold statement.....

btw u have a gorgeous tank, how long have u had it? and how fast is the cover rate on the frags of gsp?

Last edited by Polscot; 06-15-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 PM

Wow those photos are old, I need to update some in the profile but for the time being here are some updated shots http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62810

New tanks been up for about 6 months now, I removed all my GSP as it grows far to fast for my liking.
Levi
Old 06-15-2010, 11:19 PM

im wanting to make a zoa garder across the floor of my tank do u have any sudgestions? do u feed or dose anything special for them? i have a 6.6g with a 20" PC 50/50 light with a led blue light set up, so plenty of light for the tank size

if i buy various plug/frags and lay them all along the surface will they eventually fill in thge gaps or how do they grow
Old 06-15-2010, 11:38 PM

Zoas/ palys wont grow on sand so if your looking for growth you will need a rubble substrate, just maintain your levels as close to seawater and you will be good to go.

From "Aquarium Corals" by Eric Borneman

"Zoanthus colonies are highly dependent on their zooxanthellae- rather than active feeding on zoa plankton- for energy, and should always be placed in the aquarium where they will receive bright lighting"- PG 187

Now you just need to watch out for pests like Zoa eating nudies, zoa pox and large eunicid worms.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:26 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polscot View Post
the contact i have is my rents live down there 9 months a year, so when i can get stuff is limited to when there in the area lol, thats why i decided to come on here, can u post any pics kien?
In other words it coming across the boarder illegally?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694