Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
I agree.......yay!!!! another reef Girly
Pretty soon you will love Doug....just like the rest of us Girly's.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:52 AM

Carmen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie1974 View Post
Carmen,
you are probably right with the whole reason. Yah not many women out there I think are okay with the whole gettign dirty thing. I definately am not one to worry about my nails or hair. I am all about activities that allow me to do anything. Even getting my nails broken and dealing with the dirties of natural things. I don't even let spiders, or scrapes and bruises limit my choices. Definately grew up being a tomboy! Anyway, I am doing some research on here about the LED lighting for tanks. Have you heard anything? I have found out it can last for 15 years. That in itself is a grab for me. No light changes all of the time, no heat, can be controlled with different light levels and colors. And the biggest grab is the cost, Hense, the main reason I haven't went to a larger tank. You working in a store, have you seen the setups offered, if any, and what is the cost?
Unfortunately I know Nothing about LED setups. Perhaps I'm gonna have to learn! Can't help ya with that one. Best of luck on the resaerch though...sounds intriguing!

45 Gallon Cube with 10 Gallon Sump, Lighting 8 bulb T5, Vertex IN 80 Skimmer
-2 Occelaris Clowns, Engineer Goby, RBTA, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 02-24-2010, 07:25 AM
bvlester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
I have two tanks set up... the 95 has the brittle, sandsifter and blue starfish in the tank... and the crabs I did have, 2 sallylightfooted have long disappeared. So to answer your question no chance they will survive long.

In my 72 I have the 2 pom-poms and 2 blue porcelain crabs along with a blue and purple linkia....so they are safe. ....unless the newly discovered hairy crab gets hungry.....
Leah you have a gorila crab I would put theat guy in the sump he can help you out in there by eating the ditris and any uneaten food that gets down there.

Bill
Old 02-24-2010, 07:26 AM
bvlester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie1974 View Post
I guess with the two responses from our females members, there aren't many females on here! What is up with that? I thought there would be more female reef enthusiasts compared to men. Maybe there really aren't alot of women taking the time to take part on the forums. Are there many on here from Kelowna?
There is afew women Reefers in Kamloops just not on the bords is all.

Bill
Old 02-24-2010, 07:31 AM
bvlester

On Led stuff, do a google there is plenty to read and you can buy LED's on Ebay cheep if you can solder and get the right stuff you can DIY your own LED lighting system. Once I am working again I am going to look into it my self.

Bill
Old 02-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
Leah you have a gorila crab I would put theat guy in the sump he can help you out in there by eating the ditris and any uneaten food that gets down there.

Bill
And you will love Bill!....he is terrific!.... ... heart of gold.

Bill,

Since you were here last...I still have no sump...was working on it... but, well I dunno...still in the land of limbo... procrastination.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
bvlester

Leah I thought you had made the leap come on try it you'll like it You can use and over the top over flow to try it out. Then if you like it you then can get a drilled tank a large one at that. It does make things easyer I have my ato go right into the sump and heaters are in there and skimmer. Cleans up the tank if nothing else I believe there is a bit more evaporation with a sump but I cover up to 2/3 with acrilic both sump and tank. THere is still air to water surface contact and it is open on both ends. just water condences on the glass or arclrllic and drips back in to the tank mimics Rain you get wat more air injected into the water that way. If a skimmer can't inject enough air then I don't know what can.LOL LOL...believe me I am a king at procrastination I'll go into lets just say a LFS and gazz at fish and corals leave and come back 3 or 4 time before I buy anything and by then what I wanted will have been iether bought or put on hold.

Bill
Old 02-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
Leah I thought you had made the leap come on try it you'll like it You can use and over the top over flow to try it out. Then if you like it you then can get a drilled tank a large one at that. It does make things easyer I have my ato go right into the sump and heaters are in there and skimmer. Cleans up the tank if nothing else I believe there is a bit more evaporation with a sump but I cover up to 2/3 with acrilic both sump and tank. THere is still air to water surface contact and it is open on both ends. just water condences on the glass or arclrllic and drips back in to the tank mimics Rain you get wat more air injected into the water that way. If a skimmer can't inject enough air then I don't know what can.LOL LOL...believe me I am a king at procrastination I'll go into lets just say a LFS and gazz at fish and corals leave and come back 3 or 4 time before I buy anything and by then what I wanted will have been iether bought or put on hold.

Bill
Sorry Stephanie for the total hijack on your thread:...wink: that's just us lazy ones that won't start a thread of there own...
Okay.. I admit it on Canreef... I am a girly chicken... So many directions.. I could go and so confused which one to take...
Old 02-25-2010, 06:15 AM

Stephanie1974 is on a distinguished road

Ahaha. NP with taking over. It is like any conversation. The more the merrier and well our thoughts branch out everywhere. Ayway ladies. Hope your nights go well!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 AM
bvlester

Hay all you ladies will have to get together and help Leah with her sump...

This is one guy saying good night Ladies.

Bill