Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

lol you are killing me here
Old 01-26-2010, 02:14 AM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

I had a huge porc puffer for about a year... he LOVED to eat clown fish and i mean LOVED to eat them. He also ate half of my Mandarin goby, and the poor thing lived for a week afterwards. He also hunted down and tried to eat any sort of gobies I had.

I gave him away to another canreef friend and he happily resides in her tank now. He did manage to bit a floating thermometer in half and ate a bunch of lead balls within it as well as some glass... he is okay now though.

They are very pet like, and have great personalities, but will eat whatever they can stick into their mouths. They don't touch corals though, just anything that looks appetizing ( they are very creative in what they think is edible as well).
Old 01-26-2010, 02:59 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

I had one for a few months but I ended up rehoming him. When I first got him he was very healthy and didn't have any ich on him at all. Unfortunately after 2 days of being in my tank he got completely covered in ich

None of my other fish had any ich on them at the time I got him, but I knew my regal tang would get a few (2-4) ich spots every now and then (about every 3-4 months). The ich would last about 2-3 days and the regal tang would be ich free for awhile again.

Unfortunately the proc puffer I had stayed covered in ich the whole time I had him. After I few months I felt bad for him and I ended up giving him to a friend of mine, who luckily was able to keep him ich free in his tank.

As far as I know proc puffers will leave all types of corals alone but they will eat snails, and possibly crabs and shrimp and small fish. Your clowns would be fair game.

If you're wanting a puffer I would suggest a toby puffer. I love my little blue spot toby puffer and the two things I was most worried about (when deciding whether or not to get him) turned out I need not worry about. #1 He never got ich and #2 He hasn't nipped at anyone. At the store he came from he picked on/nipped at the frog fish but he's well behaved in my tank. It's probably because he's with large semi to very aggressive fish, but with the fish you have a toby puffer would most likely behave himself.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:01 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
The ick magnet thing and the fact they get huge and buying a bigger tank just for him basically with no corals, as he grows up. Cute as baby's well you know. And then if he got really big then what. I would then need to try desperately to find as good a home if not better, oh so hard to do. So not fair for him. And I really really wanted one.
It is tough to make these decisions but we owe it to the creatures we keep to provide the optimum conditions for them
Way to go Leah
Old 01-26-2010, 03:12 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

I'm assuming that although no one has mentioned it yet, they would eat tridacna clams as well?

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour