Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals

Old 01-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
I haven't seen the power consumption numbers for any of these? It would be nice to know how many individual LEDs are in say, the 4 foot version. Please enlighten me, thanks.

According to Icecap the 4' array has 75 individual emitters. They are rumored to run on a 40 watt DC adapter.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:33 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Thank you for that info!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 AM

burgerchow is on a distinguished road
Default ice cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals View Post
470 nm Blue LED’s

The LED tubes have the same look of a standard T5 tube, but they are powered by a low voltage transformer, not a fluorescent ballast. The T5 form provides a very even spread of the light over the entire aquarium. Encasing the LED's inside a T5-style tube protects them and their circuit boards from the harsh, salty, humid environment that is your normal saltwater aquarium. The IceCap LED arrays also have an aluminum heat sink on the backside of the tube to dissipate what little heat they generate. These two unique features to their LED arrays protect them from the elements (salt, humidity, and heat) that destroyed other brands of LED’s.

Wait till you see what they do for your corals!
Photo is an example of the LED tubes in action. This is Icecap's full hood, only shown to illustrate the power of the LEDs. Picture show

Photo showing example of LED tube mounted with T5 end caps and mounts.

LED’s boast low energy consumption and a long life span, but Icecap knows the reason you'll want them is what they will do to the appearance of the corals. They are designed to excite the green fluorescing proteins in corals. They particularly bring out yellows, oranges, reds, and greens. If you think your corals look good under actinics, you haven't seen anything yet! Mushrooms, zoanthids, Ricordea, and most any fleshly large polyp stony corals look amazing under the LED's. This immediate and stunning glow is guaranteed to wow anyone who views your tank during the “twilight” hours and they will continue to cause fluorescence when all the lights are on.

The LED retrofits ship with mounting clips to secure the LED tubes to a canopy, commercial hood or existing fixture. The weight should not be an issue because the 2-foot unit is only 4 oz. Power connection to the LED array is a power tail with a quick connect to a low voltage power supply, no hand wiring required.

Available for pre-order now!

Will you be bringing in the ice cap reef illuminations fixtures? I'm interested in the 2x250 mh with the 2 2-5's and the led's. Was going to order from the states, but would rather buy local.

120 , lps. 2xKessil A350W Tuna Blues, 2xvortech mp40 for flow,aqualogic 1/4 hp chiller, 160 lbs live rock. sohal, , pair of percs,flame dotty back , royal gramma, pair of black percs, niger trigger, mandarin

55 corner bowfront freshwater, African cichlids kessil a350

30 gal 36x36 coffee table fish tank. 3 red ear sliders.

5.5 gal nano, live rock, arrow crab, baby perc, firefish.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerchow View Post
Will you be bringing in the ice cap reef illuminations fixtures? I'm interested in the 2x250 mh with the 2 2-5's and the led's. Was going to order from the states, but would rather buy local.

Yes, I can get you the fixture you are looking for, I was actually going to load those fixtures onto the website shortly.

The one you want would be $1099.00 CDN plus tax and shipping.

Ian

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Ian-; 01-11-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Moved on

Quote:
According to Icecap the 4' array has 75 individual emitters. They are rumored to run on a 40 watt DC adapter.

***CORRECTION***

I spoke to the VP of Icecap today and was told that the 4' LED array has 75 emitters running at .1 watt per LED which equals 7.5 watts per strip.

The smaller array runs 35 emitters running on 3.5 (watts) of low voltage power.

Thanks!

Ian

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Ian-; 01-13-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Moved on

I have lowered the price on the arrays slightly as an introductory offer, check our website for details!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:46 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

only .1W LED's No wonder theres so many of them. I wonder if they would be dimmable, I guess I'll find out when I get mine

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 01-12-2010, 02:30 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
***CORRECTION***

I spoke to the VP of Icecap today and was told that the 4' LED array has 75 emitters running at .1 watt per LED which equals 7.5 watts per strip.

The smaller array runs 35 emitters running on 3.5 amps of low voltage power.

Thanks!

Ian
Correction to the ***correction***, I think? You must mean 3.5 watts of low voltage power, not amps for the smaller array?
Old 01-12-2010, 03:23 AM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Correction to the ***correction***, I think? You must mean 3.5 watts of low voltage power, not amps for the smaller array?
You are correct on my correction!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:21 AM

George is on a distinguished road
Default supplement for 250W MH

Is anyone running this LED to supplement your MH light, especially 10K MH's? I am running 2 XM 250W 10K and looking for supplement in the 450nm/460nm spectrum. I am afraid that the XM's will "overpower" a LED strip.

Thanks for your input.
George