Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-06-2009, 04:55 AM

bowkry is on a distinguished road

when I started my zeo I did the 3 hour on 3 hour off on my reactor for 3 weeks then started running it full time and my tank had no problems changing over.some of my sps that wasnot doing that well turned around right away and growth started pretty rapidly right after the first media change. But I wouldn't run it in a bag in the sump thats why they make reactors. PLus when you change over to zeo I lost all my mushrooms (awsome) my xenia growth slowed way down, but sps took off.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:54 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Thanks for the warning. I have a couple of measured buckets that I can test the phosban reactor flow with before installing in my system.
Yeah this works then. Just a pain to shake the reactors each day but I am still thinking of doing the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowkry View Post
when I started my zeo I did the 3 hour on 3 hour off on my reactor for 3 weeks then started running it full time and my tank had no problems changing over.some of my sps that wasnot doing that well turned around right away and growth started pretty rapidly right after the first media change. But I wouldn't run it in a bag in the sump thats why they make reactors. PLus when you change over to zeo I lost all my mushrooms (awsome) my xenia growth slowed way down, but sps took off.
When I started up, I lost a bunch of LPS and my SPS took off.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:09 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Thanks for the warning. I have a couple of measured buckets that I can test the phosban reactor flow with before installing in my system.
Good idea. I was just running mine in the sump. The guys on the Zeo forums said it would be ok. Maybe ok for the SPS...but the LPS had a panic attack! I pulled my Zeolites, and I am trying to baby the LPS back to life. I haven't decided whether I will try to add the Zeolites again in the future. My LPS are important to me!

SPS fanatic.