if you take a 12g to that pump you gota take a clip of that
i wanna see lol
glad the light worked out for you !
4 year exp salty
Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Ask for a new impeller from your dealer. Gen 2 IN skimmers had a different shaft material. That will solve your issues.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:21 AM

rjengen is on a distinguished road

Just a little update I guess, santa didn't get the hint and I guess I'll have to order the OM tomorrow. I did pick up Dumb and Dumber yesterday though, and the green monster (green carpet anemone) Once I got them in the tank last night it was lights out, and this morning everyone was buddy buddy.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:31 PM

plutoniumJoe is on a distinguished road

Great looking tank. I am impressed with how fast you have progressed.

Foxface, Naso, Coral Beauty, 2 Clowns, 2 Chromis, Orange Anthias, and Striped Goby.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:47 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Great looking carpet! Good luck with it!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:02 PM

So an update, but nothing picture worthy as of yet...and an idea for you guys to chew on, and give me some advice on. I may have a leed on an OM 4 way, that I'd like to buy, for about half of what it is new. What are the chances of me drilling the back wall of my tank if I brought the water level down? and then had two holes in the bottom, and two on the back wall for a 4 way? Can it be done?

Anyways, I was sitting staring at my tank the other night watching dumb and dumber play in the green monster, and I noticed a few other creatures in the tank. I have a population explosion of Copepods right now, all over everything, rocks, glass, plumbing...and I've noticed some little white antena's poking out of the rock...all good I hope. Anyways, haven't added much right now, other then some snails to get after the algae on the glass, and I don't plan on stocking anymore until I get my Profilux II controller up and running, as well as a few other toys.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:23 PM

So it's been way too long since I have updated this...partly due to the fact that this winter was a crazy time at work, and my daily routine was eat, sleep, work, and come home and check the tank, then back to sleep. I have not forgotten you all though, and I guess it's my turn to make a post.

When we last left off on my saga, I had bought dumb and dumber and the green monster and life looked like it was going good. Well, the carpet I had turned out to be a great guest in the tank, and he really thrived and was a great host to the fish. He found a stop and attached his foot, and did not move which made things very easy for me. I bought an OM 4 way, as well as a snapper, and made an attempt at getting some different flow patterns in the tank. Then one of the bulkheads decided it just didn't like my anymore, and started leaking. I'm sure this was my fault in some shape or form...and Karma was just getting me back...what can I say...it's a noobs attempt at a tank right?

I ended up putting the fish and the carpet into a 10g tank, and drained the display, pulled the rock, and sand out, gave it a good cleaning and changed out all the buckheads in it...this time actually taking the time to make sure they were not too tight. I also switched up the plumbing a bit, to give myself more room under the tank. During this I cracked the sump...again...and gave up on drilling my sumps. I built a new sump myself, since I found the LFS here just hard to deal with when it came to ordering me a new tank the size I wanted. The new sump is 1/2 glass, 36 x 18 x 18 and eurobraced, and gave me the room I needed to actually house my skimmer. This left me with no room for the closed loop and the OM 4 way. Since I am planning to build a larger tank in the new house, I kept the 4way, but sold the pump (Now there's another story...) and just set the CL back up with one of the PS4's...the one that was making the least amount of micro bubbles.

Flash forward about a month, and everything back into the tank...I ended up with a HUGE H.A. problem...that was to the point where I was about to tear down everything and sell it all. I made a trip to Edmonton though, and after about an hour in blue world, I had a cuc that we figured would take care of the problem. After a little trimming, and a great cuc...I had taken care of the algae problem.

I added a foxface to the tank, and he started to thrive in there...and had taken the whole tank over and claimed it as his own. One morning though I woke up, and it had looked like he went through hell and back. I was in the process of getting another tank going so I could pull him out and figure out what was wrong with him, when he decided...sorry, the green monster decided it was time to eat. So yeh, my carpet decided the foxface would make a tasty snack. I could not believe it, and I pulled out the rock too look for him after a day, which gave me time to rock scape the tank.

That just about has got us caught up...I would like to say I have pictures of the whole process...but I was too drained mentally and physically to even bother with the camera...talk to my wife though and she will tell you...I wasn't a happy camper. Anyways, I'm still not sure where I'm going to take the tank, but one thing was certain, the green monster had to go to a better home. He's now sitting in one of ken's display tanks at blue world in Edmonton...I think he was pretty ****ed that he had to leave my tank, but hopefully he has gotten over it and has opened up a little more. Ken, if he eat's any of you fish...well...sorry

I have a profilux ordered, and hoping that it show's up soon...I will also be upgrading the lights in the tank in the near future, adding some of the LED moonlights from profilux...as well as one of their heater/ chilling units. All great things take time though, and so this is humbly this noobs progress thus far. I'm not the best at taking pictures, so sorry...and if you guys have suggestions for me...please speak up!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Vendor

BlueWorldAquatic is on a distinguished road

Everything is looking good, glad the livestock made it ok.

The controller will be the first order shipped out by AD when they get their shipment of PABs.

Ken

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 05-07-2010, 11:45 PM

catchandrelease is on a distinguished road

Great tank, makes me think i should have had some holes drilled in my new tank for a closed loop.