Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-20-2009, 06:02 AM

Stones is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit67 View Post
I am running the Ca reactor for longer times now it is running both Ca and MG pellets so this should help that.
I found that running the zeomag in my calcium reactor (2 full bags for a 90 gallon tank) didn't do very much to keep my Mg levels elevated. The only way that I was able to keep my Mg levels up was to manually dose once a week or so to keep them above 1350 ppm.

Quote:
I am a member on the Zeo site and they were very help full in getting started with the zeo system. I havent heard of any problems with H20cean salt and zeo I was told it is a good altenative to reefer best.
I am also a member on that forum and do not recall anyone running into problems specifically related to H2O brand salt. I've read many posts that said it was an excellent alternative to Reefers Best salt as H2O salt has elevated levels of trace elements and Potassium. I'm not too sure why some people are suggesting that it could be the source of your problems as I haven't come across any information stating that you can't run zeo with H2O brand salt.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:08 AM

dawen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones View Post
I found that running the zeomag in my calcium reactor (2 full bags for a 90 gallon tank) didn't do very much to keep my Mg levels elevated. The only way that I was able to keep my Mg levels up was to manually dose once a week or so to keep them above 1350 ppm.

I am also a member on that forum and do not recall anyone running into problems specifically related to H2O brand salt. I've read many posts that said it was an excellent alternative to Reefers Best salt as H2O salt has elevated levels of trace elements and Potassium. I'm not too sure why some people are suggesting that it could be the source of your problems as I haven't come across any information stating that you can't run zeo with H2O brand salt.
i been using h2o salt with zeo for about 4 months, had no problems with sps, i go thur 3 buckets of salt already, my kh always around 7.5-8, ca 420, mag 1300 from the newly mixed salt
Old 09-20-2009, 02:41 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am dosing 15 ml of spur2 once per week it is a 400 gallon system.
I noticed that the bottle of Spur2 says to dose every 7-10 days, but on the ZEOvit forums they told me to only dose once every 14-21 days if needed. So, if the corals aren't darkening up, don't use it at all. I would quit using the Spur2 until you can figure out what is going on since Spur2 is only for your own viewing pleasure. From my understanding it isn't for the health of the corals at all.

Did you keep SPS corals successfully before you moved to the bigger tank?

SPS fanatic.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:35 PM

Ya Dude is on a distinguished road

dont forget to accomplish a sustainable system before adding chemicals to your tank that you dont fully understand