Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-16-2009, 12:20 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
the best thing they could have done is traded one of the sedins and got someone who is a good complement but a little tougher, but there contract prevents that.
Steve

Sorry, gotta disagree with this. The twins are good together, but terrible on their own. They've been playing together since they were toddlers. That's what makes them good. They know where the other is and where he will be. You have to trade either both of them or keep them. Apart, they're not much.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:24 AM

Canuckgod420 is on a distinguished road

[quote=StirCrazy;448117]As we have a dual team house hold here, (wife canucks, Me Oilers) I end up following both teams and I agree, sedins are good but not as good as they are hyped up to be.

How can you make a comment like that?
Only 13 other players last season got more points than the sedins.
4th and 5th best in the western conference.

No one needs to hype the Sedins, there production proves it.
180G tank, custom DIY stand, Sunlight Supply-Sun Blaze 48" 8 bulb T5HO fixture, EuroReef CS6-1 and Vertex in 180 skimmers, 1/4 HP chiller, Tunze wavebox, 40G sump, and 40G refugium. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57451
Old 09-16-2009, 09:18 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
The pre-season Oil v. Flames game is being streamed on the Oilers website tonight in case anyone besides me wants to watch.
4-1 We kicked flame butt! GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:44 PM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
4-1 We kicked flame butt! GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!
Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:53 AM

pelle31 is on a distinguished road

Oh geez I knew that would happen. Calgary played mostly the young guys and Edmonton fans are already in a uproar!! I'm surprised your not all yelling "this is The Cup year"!!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 AM

Ian is on a distinguished road

Um and edmonton played almost all rookies as well.....pre season means little but man Flames fans are touchy already......calgary did well to improve on the defense but really until you get a true elite goalie you will not be cup contenders....bring on the hate...... But take a looke Kipper's numbers make him a bottom line goalie when compared to the rest of the NHL. I don't believe they will contend this year.

Edmonton has young players starting to mature and Comrie for 1.15 million may prove to be a steal. The real improvement is in coaching, this groups will have the locker room behind them and should get more out of the team. Oh did I mention the flame killer in net.
Oil makes playoffs and Calgary chokes in 1/2nd round once again.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:28 AM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Oil makes playoffs?! That's a lofty goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Old 09-17-2009, 02:31 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Sorry, gotta disagree with this. The twins are good together, but terrible on their own. They've been playing together since they were toddlers. That's what makes them good. They know where the other is and where he will be. You have to trade either both of them or keep them. Apart, they're not much.
that is what I was saying and is exactly the problem.. they are expensive, and have no versitility.. they are 2/3rds of any line you put them on as you have to play them togeather to get the points. in the long run I feal they are a problem instead of the solution.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:36 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

[quote=Canuckgod420;448170]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
As we have a dual team house hold here, (wife canucks, Me Oilers) I end up following both teams and I agree, sedins are good but not as good as they are hyped up to be.

How can you make a comment like that?
Only 13 other players last season got more points than the sedins.
4th and 5th best in the western conference.

No one needs to hype the Sedins, there production proves it.
ok, easy.. see my post above then find me how many points each of them got when the other wasn't on the ice.

the problem is there team is based around 2 real good players who can't realy be split up.. they need to be able to be on the same shift or they are average. with there cost they are good, but the problem is they are having a hard time finding a 3rd for there line as they play there way. sofar no one they have tried.. even sudin (or how ever you spell it) wasn't a good fit with them.. so here you have a bunch of money tied up in 2/3rds of 1 line. you have to be more than a 1 line hockey team these days, and this is what killed them in the playoffs. the only reason they made it as far as they did was that Lou was briliant again.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:48 AM

pelle31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Um and edmonton played almost all rookies as well.....pre season means little but man Flames fans are touchy already......calgary did well to improve on the defense but really until you get a true elite goalie you will not be cup contenders....bring on the hate...... But take a looke Kipper's numbers make him a bottom line goalie when compared to the rest of the NHL. I don't believe they will contend this year.

Edmonton has young players starting to mature and Comrie for 1.15 million may prove to be a steal. The real improvement is in coaching, this groups will have the locker room behind them and should get more out of the team. Oh did I mention the flame killer in net.
I don't see where Flames fans are touchy,considering NONE of our top Dmen played and none of the cream of the crop played either. I seen alot of Edmonton veterans on the ice.
Kipper plays 76 games to your "Elite" goalie that plays 42. Kipper has 45 wins and yours 25.
Of course his numbers will go down,he plays twice as many minutes as your guy. You play Kipper the same amount of games as Khabibulin and I bet his numbers are better. To say Kipper's not an elite gaolie is typical of someone that doesn't like him. That would be like me saying Luongo is crap cause he play for the Canucks.