Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Fauna Marin Reviews

Old 02-20-2009, 10:51 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

As i said, try it and see, there are two reviews on fauna going at present on canreef, have a look at them then decide.

Sometimes the only way of actually convincing the doubters is by them using the product.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 PM

High tide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
Thats sort of the point, the first photo is intended to show the tank at its starting point

people ask "please show us before photos" now I do thats not good enough either Hmmm .

I guess some people you will never convince, or users of competitors products that dont like competition .

So in that case all I can add is go get a bottle of Min-s nothing else and see for yourself

Also I must add the photo was taken 3 years before he even considered using fauna so you cant exactly say he took a crappy picture on purpose to promote the product. if you read the full text of the admittedly long review you will see many positive reference to results obtained by using the product.
I am definitely not saying the photos were taken to promote the product, but can you see my point? I do not use any similar product so I am not brand biased. I am, however, skeptical and I have seen outstanding colour and polyp extension in systems that do not use any similar product. I guess what I would like to see is a decent photo of an established reef tank, nothing changed(except Fauna Marin) ie: lighting,corals,etc., and then an after photo.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:09 PM

Well Mikes tank is exactly that, we just need to get some photos showing the colouration.

Read his review, (ultra clam review) if nothing else look at the polyp extension and what he has to say about the product.

Also look at waynes (Fencers) review on canReef, these are live genuine examples exactly what you are asking for. waynes review is still in the early days so follow it along in the coming months
Old 02-20-2009, 11:31 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Well I have tried many things and said YEs its great or Yes what a waste of money. Now I’m chiming in to tell you what I think yes im trialing this stuff and yes i will tell you what I truly think I don’t kick ass or suck up to people to get free stuff or waste money on products to say hey look at me.

Now everyone here is saying well let’s see why it’s good, let’s see some BEFORE and after pictures. Ok we get that you want to see every pic with ungodly growth when you ask for a certain date then you will get a before and after pic.
OH LOOK AT THIS THEN
When you buy a bulb for your tank say a mega chrome 13.5K and you put it in and the color is not blue its actually White, wow I can't believe that i spend 120 dollars on this bulb to find out that it doesn’t work. Man this was a waste of money I won’t buy that again right.
Ok so people chime on here on this thread to ask well what is great about it? Does it work? Email Mike to ask him how much to get your tank going for just the basic's

Mike is a sponsor here to help out with the hobby in getting us top notch stuff for out tanks. Of course he is hoping that everyone is going to buy the Fauna Marin. That would make his day. However everyone has their own decisions on spending their tanks.
Just like getting a skimmer I think that I have the most time on every type of skimmer going WHY so that I can explain my opinions and experiences on that skimmer.. so when someone asks me a question I can give them the right answer saying that it’s going to work great.
Trust me I don’t kiss Ass nor do I work for free stuff, I believe in word of mouth. trust has a lot to do with it and letting people know that things work for certain reasons. I hope that people do respect me for who I am and what I know. When A moderator comes out and says don’t do this for this reason we want to try to believe him /her for that reason that the mods are the people best trained for the job and have touched base in alot of mistakes so we don’t have to rehash them again.

All I can tell you is that i seen the feelers out for some to trial the fauna Marin with clams. So I PM mike and told him about my clams and if he wanted to i wouldn’t mind to try his product. I knew getting into it was a huge risk when if my tank crashed from the stuff. WELL I took a shot at it tried the clam food for about 2-3 weeks and noticed that the SPs were reacting to the food too. Hmmmmmmmmmm that was weird ten I told him about my PO4 and the Nitrates he sent me out the UTLRA Bak and the BIo later on for deal with them.
Well it’s been since JAN 16th since I started. and my Nitrates went from 20 to 5 and the PO 4 went from 0.05 to ZERO. So for my tank it worked and it’s making my SPS color up nicely. I don't know what else if you are willing to spend 20-30 on food stop and spend that on some UTLRA CLAM FOOD and some ULTRA MIN S to mix with the clam food.

If the So called CLam food and the MIn S doesnt work for you then you can come on here state your opinion and then you have a reason to state on why it’s a waste of money.

I ask to get my clams looking good and I got SPS growth and great looking colors and my NITRATES and PHOSPHATES gone. So I’m happy once I get going I’m going to do the balling method.
But let me ask you how did Tunze get out to be so good then if no one tried it, hmmmmmmm some one must of used it and then told us about it right, SO I’m here to tell you this stuff its not to bad I like it and I’m only using the basics I haven’t touch the reactor for it and the ultra lith yet or the trace elements .
Old 02-20-2009, 11:34 PM

Ok I think this is important in this debate, and goes out to any negative camp.

Please read this carefully, and before jumping, have a think for a minute and ask, can I relate to this? even if just once can i relate?

Ok - I grew up in the UK, long before being a retailer or distributor, i was a reef hobbyist first, I too spent every Saturday in my LFS looking for a new product that would change my life forever, that golden nugget product.

In 5 years of my reef tank I must of spent over $1,000 on additives, not one did i continue to use, why? I never saw a single result from using it. Why? Did the product not work? I dunno there was nobody to ask if I was using it correctly, so i just tried my luck with the next product. I used to ask my retailer what each product did, and 99% of the time they would just read from the back of the label.

I now think back and wander, if I was educated on the use of the product would I continued to use it? Education goes a long way in this hobby.

So how does that relate here?

Well when i was asked by fauna if I would distribute their brand THE most important thing to me was consumer awareness, a one off sale is no good to retailer distributor or manufacturer, and certainly no good to the end user left thinking "well there goes another $20".

Therefore I aimed to amend what I had expereinced personally, I knew fauna worked, the evidence is clear, just check out the European boards.

So if you try a product from fauna I dont expect you to walk out the store a believer, but I intend to turn you into a believer by supporting you if you are not getting the results you want, without that what are the chances of you buying the product again or anything similar from the range.

IF you really want to see if this is all hype, then spend that $20 next time you are feeling frisky and then try it, if it does not do what you hoped or you dont understand, come to us, call us email us, we will take the time to talk you through how to get that $20 to work as you hoped and not become another bottle stuck at the back of the cabinet!

Am I doing this right? Well from reports I get from our dealers, repeat sales are highest in this brand, and the feedback is people feel they have a route to turn to, even directly to the manufacturer himself, we are also getting increased reports of people switching to fauna as they feel confident that their money is in hands that they can turn to if they do not get the results they want.

How do i judge my business on being a success - The response I get from end users and hearing they are happy to spend another $20 on the same product as they feel they have had monies worth.

Does it take a lot to run a company like this? Hell yes, 18 hours a day is not uncommon, but I go right back to where this started, I have been that sole in the LFS with $20 in my hand not knowing if this new fancy labelled product will do what it says. I hope if you buy fauna You will feel a little more confident, if you do then those 18 hours have been worth every minute.

There you go pick that apart

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 02-20-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:16 AM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok I think this is important in this debate, and goes out to any negative camp.

Please read this carefully, and before jumping, have a think for a minute and ask, can I relate to this? even if just once can i relate?

Ok - I grew up in the UK, long before being a retailer or distributor, i was a reef hobbyist first, I too spent every Saturday in my LFS looking for a new product that would change my life forever, that golden nugget product.

In 5 years of my reef tank I must of spent over $1,000 on additives, not one did i continue to use, why? I never saw a single result from using it. Why? Did the product not work? I dunno there was nobody to ask if I was using it correctly, so i just tried my luck with the next product. I used to ask my retailer what each product did, and 99% of the time they would just read from the back of the label.

I now think back and wander, if I was educated on the use of the product would I continued to use it? Education goes a long way in this hobby.

So how does that relate here?

Well when i was asked by fauna if I would distribute their brand THE most important thing to me was consumer awareness, a one off sale is no good to retailer distributor or manufacturer, and certainly no good to the end user left thinking "well there goes another $20".

Therefore I aimed to amend what I had expereinced personally, I knew fauna worked, the evidence is clear, just check out the European boards.

So if you try a product from fauna I dont expect you to walk out the store a believer, but I intend to turn you into a believer by supporting you if you are not getting the results you want, without that what are the chances of you buying the product again or anything similar from the range.

IF you really want to see if this is all hype, then spend that $20 next time you are feeling frisky and then try it, if it does not do what you hoped or you dont understand, come to us, call us email us, we will take the time to talk you through how to get that $20 to work as you hoped and not become another bottle stuck at the back of the cabinet!

Am I doing this right? Well from reports I get from our dealers, repeat sales are highest in this brand, and the feedback is people feel they have a route to turn to, even directly to the manufacturer himself, we are also getting increased reports of people switching to fauna as they feel confident that their money is in hands that they can turn to if they do not get the results they want.

How do i judge my business on being a success - The response I get from end users and hearing they are happy to spend another $20 on the same product as they feel they have had monies worth.

Does it take a lot to run a company like this? Hell yes, 18 hours a day is not uncommon, but I go right back to where this started, I have been that sole in the LFS with $20 in my hand not knowing if this new fancy labelled product will do what it says. I hope if you buy fauna You will feel a little more confident, if you do then those 18 hours have been worth every minute.

There you go pick that apart
Having spent time in europe i would have to agree on them being ahead of us in almost all aspects...of well...almost everything.

The only thing that is horrible is the milk in Belgium...bleh
I think all of these systems work to some degree...i must admit i didn't believe zeovit would do anything for my tank...but seeing the changes it is eaither that and the pristine conditions i keep in in because of fear of zeovit crashing everything
I'd happily fork over the money to test fauna marin if i wasn't already using zeovit...
I think ultra low nutrient approach is new...people are told to use aragonite, people are told to use this, that and everything else...most do because it has become accepted...common place...once more people use the ultra low nutrient systems longer they will seem more common place so people will use them. Do you ever ask WHY you put in aragonite as a substrate when many others work just as well? It's because it is THE accepted way to do it. Until you have tested a system i don't think you can truly know if it will indeed work for you.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:29 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

and some one just hit it on the nose every one that is asking about this product has or is running ZEO or prolabs. Am I correct
http://vimeo.com/3301959?pg=transcod...ed&sec=3301959

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 02-21-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus View Post
Oh Ya PAn thanks for the great comment . Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and some one just hit it on the nose every one that is asking about this product has or is running ZEO or prolabs. Am I correct
http://vimeo.com/3301959?pg=transcod...ed&sec=3301959
You said that in your first message...i'm only bugging ya buddy

Old 02-21-2009, 01:28 AM

But if you have a fear that a system you are using may crash your tank, or not really sure if the results you are getting are attributed to that product why use it?

This is sort of my point about standing in the store with your $20 in your hand not knowing if the product is doing what you hope it does.

Our goal is to prove through all means possible that the product does work so people feel confident in spending that cash on it. And that is exactly the whole point of this thread.

I fully understand there will be users/dealers on here that wish to protect their own brand, feeling a threat from some positive marketing, we have zero interest in what others do say or how they work, I have no interest of the old one liner "his one is better than your one"

I only have one aim and that is Fauna Marin and showing that if you have interest in this brand, we will support you and show that it does what it says on the tub

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 02-21-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
But if you have a fear that a system you are using may crash your tank, or not really sure if the results you are getting are attributed to that product why use it?

This is sort of my point about standing in the store with your $20 in your hand not knowing if the product is doing what you hope it does.

Our goal is to prove through all means possible that the product does work so people feel confident in spending that cash on it. And that is exactly the whole point of this thread.
Yes, but some people will not be satisfied until they try it themselves no matter how good a job you do proving it... Look at me I use Zeovit, still don't know if its zeovit's doing or my good routine maintenance. I don't think you will be able to prove to everyone regardless of what you use for that proof...some people will nust never believe unless they do it themselves.