Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-07-2008, 03:46 PM

FitoPharmer is on a distinguished road

sadly this kind of stuff goes on way too much in smaller pet stores. i love and have much respect for reputable dealers that wont order anything until they are fully understanding of every need the creature has and gives their customer a clear disclaimer as well if the fish is not an "easy" specimen to keep. i had a friend get in and out of SW very quickly because i told him that he need to keep his fish load low, but every other person told him, ah one more wont hurt until he ended up going through over 50 fish before his tank even was a month old. mainly because the other pet stores and even other people at the one i worked at would over stock tanks then under feed to make up for it and then have to force livestock on people without telling them what the fish truly needs just to keep the system from crashing or us loosing a bunch.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:36 PM

sharuq1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
give it a good washing with the garden hose
wow...just wow...
Old 12-13-2008, 03:57 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Ya Ian, I have had a couple run in's there myself. Now granted, I dont get to the TP as much as you do, Or maybe I do LOL. But ya, was looking at that Tang in there the last time. Almost did take it home, but we took the LTA and a small riccordia. Both are not so small any more LOL Oh ya, a sixline followed me home that day too He's neat to watch

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 12-13-2008, 04:02 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Your post is great. Sounds like Willys Puddle is no better than P.G. But here I have seen the people working in LFS with the same attitude and knowledge of the customer you are talking about.
I was in the PG one a couple months ago. Now, I understand the shipping requirements and some extra costs. But DAYUM, is they aint over the top on their markup

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 12-13-2008, 08:05 AM

rstar is on a distinguished road

I have a story about when my father in law was first getting into the hobby. He was at a now closed LFS in the city i live near. He was ready to add live rock to his tank. This lfs sells him the rock for like $18/lb because all the rock was covered in this beautiful "glass coral" He get home with his rock gets it into his tank with all his other rock. Phones me to come check out this awesome rock with tons of "glass coral" on it. Im thinking "uh oh" so i go over there. Well he just bought like 20lbs of rock COVERED in aiptasia. I made him remove all the rock and take it back to the store. I accompanied him back to the store and gave them a little piece of my mind on selling aiptasia covered rocks to unsuspecting newbs as "beautiful" corals for $18/lb