Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-18-2009, 06:44 AM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure I'm the queen of hijacking.... I write in all caps too. I had a handwriting tech (geek, whatever) tell me it's because of my need to feel powerful and in control of everything that surrounds me... whatever.

But back to the original post. I dont' know what I'm more excited to see. The surge tank or this. I havn't seen too many well designed planted reef tanks, so I vote this one.

Get back on it already
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:02 AM

BlueAbyss is on a distinguished road

Well, to be honest, this build (the fringe reef) will also be a surged build. I just need to test my theories (and calculations... I suck at math) on a smaller (cheaper ) scale. Though I suppose there will be notable differences... the pico will not have seagrass, or a skimmer (at least in the beginning). Or a second display tank This build won't have LED lighting as the main source of PAR either.

And this will give me an introduction to SW. I just don't want to spend a huge amount of money to have my idea fail on a large scale. And (this one is the big one) I've yet to see seagrasses available anywhere, but then I don't live in the city.

EDIT Just to be clear, the pico will still count as a planted tank, I still intend to give 1/3 to 1/2 of the space in the tank to plants. Similar to this build in almost all ways.

Last edited by BlueAbyss; 02-18-2009 at 07:07 AM.