Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 06-14-2008, 06:40 PM

Monti-Man is on a distinguished road

Sent you a pm
Numerous corals,2 purple tangs,choclate mimic tang,Foxface,Solar wrasse,male and female lubbocks wrasse,hoevens wrasse,Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse,Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse,yellow wrasse,3 Yellowstripe Anthias,True percand S.Gigantea anemone
Old 06-15-2008, 02:12 AM

Ian is on a distinguished road

Yup I 've checked everywhere I or my wife could think of...Even more interesting it is a biocube so it has a fulla full top which was on and closed all night....?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:10 AM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

i had this happen to me ( i felt dumb after) i look throughout my rock, moved some pieces, then when i had to move to a new house, i took the tank down and there she was under the rock mostly eaten by then( about 2 weeks) chances are the fish died from something, test your tanks parameters, the fish is in there, try taking out ALL your LR and putting it back in. that is if you really want to find it, which you probably do because you have a nano, and that would raise a ammonia lvl way up. my one fish killed 2 other fish lucky my 6 line wrasse lived.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:18 AM

WhoPoopWrasse is on a distinguished road

I have a cube also, did you look in the back filter compartments with a flashlight, I found my pink skunk clown in the return pump section after 4 days, STILL ALIVE!

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/sho...user=4356&sl=w
Old 06-16-2008, 04:13 AM

Thanks but the mystery continues....I moved every pice of rock and pulled everything out of the back of the tankgot my L>E>D flashlight out anf gave everythinga real good look again today....but no luck........tank parameters are still doing fine .......either I have and amazing set of hermit crabs in my CUC or this clown beamed up to its home world
As a result of all the chaos my poor yellow watchman has gone into hiding and only comes out briefly for food and a dirty look.....Can gobies give you attitude?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:16 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Do you have a cat or dog or something that could eat your clown if he went carpet surfing?

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:12 AM

Default Clown found.....alive safe.....sort of

K so mystery is soled as to whereabouts.....it would seem my little clown has found a place in the return area in the backof my tank....I know i said I looked there but this guy has decided ths space between the plastic liner on the inside of the tank and the exterior(?) wall is the place to be. I only lucked out and saw him swim by the water level windo when I checked iot tonight or I may have gone days thinking it was toast.
Now I have to figure out how to get him outa there....I keep you posted.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:26 AM

WhoPoopWrasse is on a distinguished road

That's what I thought! Hope he's ok. I used a really small net and just went fishing, got him after about a dozen swoops in!
He looked really happy to be home and ate like a pig too!

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/sho...user=4356&sl=w
Old 06-19-2008, 12:33 AM

Default clown update

No luck in the capture so far. The little guy has stayed in between the glass and the plastic inside of the compartment since last night....anyideas on luring a clown out into the open? Food has had no impact....LOl.....outsmarted by a fish again well back to the tank for rescue attempt 38000
Old 06-25-2008, 04:46 AM

Further update....Clown fish still not caught..I'm out of ideas any attempt sends it into hiding.
As for the tank itself
salinity is up to 1.025
all other tests remain consistant with nitrates and nitrites now both down to zero s0at least that is going well. Using distilled water straight from the lab has worked wonders here

I did find a Coral-eating nudibranch in my tank. Identified it here
http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=3354

since I found the first one I have removed 4-5 much smaller ones from the tank
any ideas on how to rid myself of these without using chemicals? Everything in the tank seems very healthy and I don't want to mess this up.