Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-19-2007, 12:14 AM

scub steve is on a distinguished road

i think i want to start collecting old transformers so if anybody has some they want to sell pm me. oh and what happend to barrikade the mustang>>
Old 07-19-2007, 12:16 AM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justusfish View Post
when everyone went to see the transformers did they see a preview for an unnamed movie? It showed a bunch of people at some guy's going away party and it looked like it was done on a handheld camera and then there's explosions, etc. people running and it looks like the city is under invasion. Anyone have any idea what movie it will be? It looks AMAZING!!!
I can't wait to see whatever movie that is! The first time I saw the preview, I actually thought it was Transformers starting.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justusfish View Post
when everyone went to see the transformers did they see a preview for an unnamed movie? It showed a bunch of people at some guy's going away party and it looked like it was done on a handheld camera and then there's explosions, etc. people running and it looks like the city is under invasion. Anyone have any idea what movie it will be? It looks AMAZING!!!
www.parasitemovie.com - Codename "The Cloverfield Movie Project"

JJ Abrams super top secret project. The entire movie will be presented from the standpoint of the hand held camcorder, a la "Ze Blair Witch Project".

Also, note that it's connected, abeit cryptically, to the site www.slusho.jp. The writers of the movie have officially stated that there's a host of clues on slusho (source: AICN) that no one has picked up on yet. They've also stated that the roar heard in the trailer is a big clue. I don't have the programs nor the desire, but if someone found a match for the soundfile, that would be a step in the right direction.

I've spent a fair amount of time digging around the net and researching all the terminology and names on slusho. Haven't found anything yet though.

Speculation has been pretty wild on this one, theories including:

Godzilla (not likely, writers have stated that it is not a sequel, kinda makes the roar clue moot eh?)
Gamera (see above)
Voltron (Don't think so, the creature is suppose to be organic)
Cthlulu (Not so sure on this one, though the burning city and roar don't really match the theme of Lovecraft's piece)
Part of the "Lost" canon (Nope, again, not a sequel)

Lastly, this movie may or may not be connected to the site www.ethanhaaswasright.com. Abrams has stated (again, AICN) that they are not connected and that ethanhaaswasright is a project by Mindstorm Labs for a tabletop roleplaying game (think Dungeons & Dragons/Alternity). That said, both projects release at the same time, and Mindstorm Labs has some rather fishy timing that coincides/is very suspect with the JJ Abrams project (site registration, almost non-existant beta development time, material coincidences).

I'll post more as I and my roommate come across it

Last edited by albert_dao; 07-19-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

More stuffs:

http://geeksofdoom.com/2007/07/06/cl...-news-updates/

http://www.scramblenetwork.com/?p=367

http://wyrdstuff.com/?p=848
Old 07-19-2007, 02:37 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Very awesome.

I totally thought Godzilla at one point, the roar, but I was doing it so more in jest then anything.