Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-30-2007, 01:12 AM

Moogled is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to see that the reefkeeping experience has been educational and passionate for you.

I don't foresee any regrets for you, as you can always start another reefkeeping journey when you're ready for one in the future .

Best of luck to you.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:37 PM

andsoitgoes is on a distinguished road

Bev, from someone who you gave indirect inspiration to, someone who was the pinnacle decision to me starting a tank, you WILL be missed. You've done so many great things and were the epitome of "low tech tank" - you will be missed, but it sounds like you're going off to bigger, better and more important things.

Good luck to you, and here's a tipped hat to one of the masters.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:48 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Man alive, when you put it that way, you almost convinced me to quit the hobby too
Tony, that was not my intention

Quote:
I look forward to seeing your new videos.
Jim, they'll be awhile in coming. Am still waiting for stuff from OZ, Singapore, the US and the UK. But you guys will be some of the first to see them

Quote:
Thanks for sharing all your experiences with us for so many years.
Thanks, Anthony

Quote:
Bev, from someone who you gave indirect inspiration to, someone who was the pinnacle decision to me starting a tank, you WILL be missed.
andsoitgoes, Wow! I never thought I had much sway around here with all the hi-tech tanks people have going. Your kind words touch me deeply.

Anyway, I do have a buyer for the tank, but he's a newbie. I'll offer him as much advice as I can to get him started and to keep him going.

The tank is scheduled to be picked up on Good Friday. Man, it's going to be a joy cleaning that spot where the tank used to be for so long The new owner is going to give us a deposit today, and we're going to load him up with all the stuff that can be transported before the tank setup and livestock go.

The finches and their aviary are also spoken for. The new owner has been a friend for over 25 years (!!!) and she has a reasonable amount of experience having kept finches for at least 4 years. She and her husband are going to Turkey until the end of May, so in early June our finches will be at their new home.

Don't know how we're going to utilize all the new space, but I'm sure we'll manage somehow

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 04-07-2007, 01:11 AM

Epilogue....

While the guys loaded up the livestock in the new owner's van (parked in our underground parkade), I scraped the tank clean. When they got back, we siphoned out the last of the cruddy water.

At the very end, I used a clean cloth and hot tapwater to do a final wash inside the tank. It was very soothing to do after the teardown. Washing down the tank that way reminded me of how the family of the deceased would wash the body before burial. It was somehow very fitting to do this last loving thing to the glass that held our joy, our amazement, our frustrations, our sweat, love, respect and frustrations - yes, I know, I wrote that twice

I am at peace with letting go of my beloved 120g. I am at peace with the decision that we have taken a new road that will not ever have any type or size of aquaria along it.

I have many memories of various tanks we've had over the years. These memories will sustain me into old age - well, if I live that long

We have so much more space now. There is a completely different feeling to our home, one that will take some getting used to, but one I'm sure that will tell us we are still home.

Thank you to all on Canreef who helped me over the years. It has been a joy to get to know so many of you, both in person and online. You have been part of my extended family and, even though I will visit from time to time, I know I will miss you all.

Dang, and keep 'The Most Worthless Thread on Canreef' going! I may still hit 5,000 posts with that one

Old 04-07-2007, 02:20 AM

justinl is on a distinguished road

kudos to you bev. you better be back to hit that 5000!
Old 04-07-2007, 02:44 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Well take care Bev have a good one good knowing you online and thanks for all the help over the last years pointing me in the right direction. I can still remember the Reef Party at Nemain's house AKA Beth. Where you called me Michael..

seems like just yesterday. and that was the summer of 2003..

take care have a good one........
Old 04-07-2007, 04:36 AM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Enjoyed all your videos Best of luck in the future Bev. Sad to see another long time canreefer go.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:29 AM

G1GY is on a distinguished road

Sad to see you move on Bev.

I've always concidered all of your posts to be top of the pile. (Well the last one about washing a body and stuff kind of made me squirm. )

I hope you keep posting here for a passtime.

*hugs Beverly*

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
Old 04-07-2007, 03:11 PM

Michael,

Oh, I remember that party at Beth's! Can't believe it was so long ago.

Ande,

Glad you liked the videos. I truly enjoyed making them

Gary,

Thanks for the hugs, man Hugs back to you

Old 04-07-2007, 04:57 PM

andsoitgoes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly View Post
Michael,

Oh, I remember that party at Beth's! Can't believe it was so long ago.

Ande,

Glad you liked the videos. I truly enjoyed making them

Gary,

Thanks for the hugs, man Hugs back to you

ta for now, Bev - Again, shame to see someone so integral to the hobby gone, but glad that it seems to be the right lifestyle change for you. You know what you're doing, and you will be missed, just don't forget that.

Take care, and just HAVE FUN!!!