Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-26-2014, 04:18 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

I understand Denny. But are you ok sending a customer to Wai's instead of selling something to them? I did see you would try to accommodate the sale, but this was not the case for me. Twice. At other shops of course.

Denny you straight shooter. Lol.

I know bulk sells. But I'm willing to buy at the "higher" price for one... That's good for you.

As a retailer you could easily stick something else in to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny@concept View Post
ill see what i can do anyways lol

i guess for every person who doesnt buy a pak theres ten others who do , im sure if they werent selling there paks they wouldnt be doing it , i make on average 5 paks of zoas a week and i do not split them up , im sure theres an angry guss here and there who wants that one item , but theres also the sell it all at once angle which also helps bring down paks overall pricing as opposed to per polyp pricing.

for example heres one of my paks:

as a package i have it posted as $100.00

pak3: $100.00

aussie delightful paly: 6polyps
purple death palys: 2polyps + babies
red people eaters: 4 polyps
armor of god paly: 1polyp
candy apple redds - 1 polyp

as individuals i sell them as:

aussie delightful paly:6 polyps @ $20 per polyp
purple death palys: 2polyps + babies @ $15 per polyp
red people eaters: 4 polyps-@$5 per polyp
armor of god paly: 1polyp @ $15 per polyp
candy apple redds - 1 polyp@$15 per polyp

so in theory or on paper im ripping myself off as singles i could be getting $200 but as a package i offered it for a more reasonable price .

i sell each and every pak , all five, weekly so i dont see a need to break them up unless they werent selling.

i remember the large 12" combo zoa rocks years ago at lfs being 300-400 and littered with several diff types , alot of times i would get mad and say geesh i just want that one but every other week id go in and sure enough it was sold and gone

while im sure theres always one person who hates this , there are prob ten others for that one who do in fact like it.

to each their own i guess

its always been like that though , the nicer stuff will always be on the border line of for sale and not for sale lol its not a new thing its been like it since i started the hobby and other hobbies im in.

now with all that said , if theres a single frag that someones interested in and i have the ability to make more i usually do sell it as its important to keep people happy

cheers

denny

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.

Last edited by paddyob; 02-26-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:43 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road

If you don't like the way they are doing business then don't do business. If it impacts them they will change and then you're happy. If it doesn't then it's a reality that you'll have to accept.

Just let it go man.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 PM

ronau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickiwi View Post
If you don't like the way they are doing business then don't do business. If it impacts them they will change and then you're happy. If it doesn't then it's a reality that you'll have to accept.

Just let it go man.
+1

If they needed the business, they would change. They might view you (OP) now as a troublesome customer and your couple of bucks isn't worth accommodating you. Sometimes sellers are quite happy never to see particular customers again.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Banned

denny_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Just let it go man.
thats actually very true

the way i see it is ive been in those shoes , hell i still am all the time lol just the other day i seen a coral i wanted but i didnt need 30polyps at $40 a polyp and the seller wouldnt split them up so i simply passed on it , what bugs me is it sold that same day lol

i guess it comes down to the seller , what he or she does and then theres the buyer , not always are we going to see eye to eye but we need each other and im sure most will help or do what they can to see their customers happy.

at the end of the day not everything is readily available and the stores, collectors and wholesalers know this , we all have internet and know the market........and for the record the market isnt friendly lol the harsh reality is things often go to those who are willing to spend or buy what they need to in order to have the piece they want , it sucks ill agree but its a buyer makes the market world .

i hate the high per polyp prices , sure i sell but i also have to buy and its the same on all fronts , an easy fix is for the market to say ive had enough and prices will go down , but the market is to large and its tooth and claw for the nicest stuff and and the end the cashola runs the world
Old 02-26-2014, 05:17 PM

monza is on a distinguished road

What Denny said, here's to capitalism!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:18 PM

monza is on a distinguished road

and I really wanted to see my post count at 555.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:31 PM

Maybe ill clarify something that people seem to be missing.

I never once made a bad comment about any retailer. I simply do not like a practice that's out there.

Yet I'm taking shots from some people.

Try be objective instead of attacking me.

Let me repeat myself. I have no problems with the store, the products or the people. Only. ONLY the frag pack incidents I encountered.

Not once did I argue or attack the stores doing this. Which is most. I simply have a frustration.

My 70 Gallon build:

My Mandarin Paradise:

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.

Last edited by paddyob; 02-26-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:32 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
Maybe ill clarify something that people seem to be missing.

I never once made a bad comment about any retailer. I simply do not like a practice that's out there.

Yet I'm taking shots from some people.

Try be objective instead of attacking me.
I haven't seen anyone taking shots at you. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they are taking a shot at you.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone taking shots at you. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they are taking a shot at you.
It seems a few comments are made to cause a controversy. If I misunderstand being referred to as troublesome or another sarcastic comment. Sorry.

My 70 Gallon build:

My Mandarin Paradise:

Old 02-26-2014, 05:53 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

I kind of like the frag packs, if I'm getting it at a price where I can chuck a couple away if I don't like them.

From a the point of view of someone who sells corals from time to time it makes sense as well. I lot of times I'll advertise a coral for sale, exchange a few PMs, then a half a dozen texts only to have the guy back out or just not show up. This is my just hobby, I work full time and sometimes it feels like it's not worth the trouble for $20, so I just throw away a lot of my cuttings (don't tell my wife). Thinking about going to frag packs in the future... always open to sell singles to a guy who's easy to work with.