Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-28-2013, 04:05 PM

wreck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown lover View Post
I agree Walter, I use AI's and get great coral color and when you can set the intensity for each channel during the day to evening is a total plus. I would never go back to t5's. But then again opinions are like
a------s everyone has one.
clown lover , would u post your light settings?
Old 11-28-2013, 04:08 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
Yeah, but there is a lot more to his tank, than just the lights!!... You could put almost any lights over that one, and it would still be TOTM. I have seen it in person a few times, and no pics can do it justice.
I totally agree! And that was part of my point as well. If you take everything else out of the equation and just focus on the lights, the lights shouldn't be the issue here :-)

In the end beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I actually preferred the look of his corals in the DT over that of the frag tank. I know others (Brad) would differ.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:11 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Here we go its the but it works for me crowd

Maybe some of us want more then choosing color

I have over 100 different sps 50,lps and 150 Zoos and Ive personally warranty and take apart over 100 radions

I've owned all versions of them and yes they grow corals but so does everything else

Over 10yrs in the hobby dedicated to corals

Between work and home ive seen used Maxspect mazZeras and RAZORS kessils all sizes radioms all gens ghls and now the hybrids

Question how do you find the encrusting time on chalices?

How about growth on your deepwater sps colonies ?

What's your opinion on leds and fungus with zoanthids?

How about wild acropora fresh off the boat any advice?

I highly doubt its a inexperience thing more of a some of us want more than but my corals grow and color fine
Old 11-28-2013, 04:16 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
In the end beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I actually preferred the look of his corals in the DT over that of the frag tank. I know others (Brad) would differ.
You know, there is a lot more to that than meets the eye (haha, how is that for a pun). I have had people over looking at some of my different corals, and they couldn't tell the difference in colour between some, and to me they were totally different. And I don't think they were colour blind either.

So I guess all eyes are not created equal either.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:19 PM

darkreef is on a distinguished road

Miss my t5s .. So many dark spots with led.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:21 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Its all about personal expectations what
one wants another wants different there is no right answer

Chevy or ford
Old 11-28-2013, 04:24 PM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't want to change anyone's mind here, but I sure don't understand some of the comments about LEDs. I had T5s before, and couldn't imagine going back.

Re color with LEDs. I don't get it. With mine (Radions) I can choose whatever I want. They can be preprogramed on the computer, and then choose them with the touch of a button on the lights. I have blue, royal blue, red, green and white lights that I can tune the mix and intensities of each in a program. If I want the corals to glow, I can do that. I actually prefer the natural look, which is my default.

I do have a special program that only uses white light that I can use for taking coral pics, which then gets rid of that purple/blue effect without having to adjust the white balance. That takes the press of just one button on my lights.

I can even program the lights to be different in different regions of my tank. And there is a huge choice of programs you can import, too. Some claim superior growth. Some just for looks.

As for growth, my SPS is doing great. And I have great color, too.

I'm sure all LEDs are not equal, and maybe some people don't know how to program them. Perhaps that is the real issue.

With T5's, everything is manual, and you have to change bulbs to get the look you want. And you have to keep changing bulbs, over and over....

So, each to their own, I guess...
+1
Leds are way better all around if you buy the good ones. If you cheap out it will show. Just my opinion
Old 11-28-2013, 04:24 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You know, there is a lot more to that than meets the eye (haha, how is that for a pun). I have had people over looking at some of my different corals, and they couldn't tell the difference in colour between some, and to me they were totally different. And I don't think they were colour blind either.

So I guess all eyes are not created equal either.
I think you're right. There are so many variables involved, our eyeballs being one of them. Our eyes are all different and they do not render light the same. Our brains process that light slightly differently from person to person. Some people see LEDs and they're like WHOA, that's so bright! Some people will look at the same light and say, WHOA, that's not very bright at all. Some people really like the look of the fiji purple T5 bulb and the colour it casts. Some people HATE it.

From all of these threads there are actually two discussions in one which is part of why we keep bouncing around like kids in a bouncy house. 1. Is the light adequate from a technical point of view (growth, colour of corals, controlability etc). 2. Does the light look good (colour cast, colour of corals, spread, spectrum, etc).
Old 11-28-2013, 04:26 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
Here we go its the but it works for me crowd

Maybe some of us want more then choosing color

I have over 100 different sps 50,lps and 150 Zoos and Ive personally warranty and take apart over 100 radions

I've owned all versions of them and yes they grow corals but so does everything else

Over 10yrs in the hobby dedicated to corals

Between work and home ive seen used Maxspect mazZeras and RAZORS kessils all sizes radioms all gens ghls and now the hybrids

Question how do you find the encrusting time on chalices?

How about growth on your deepwater sps colonies ?

What's your opinion on leds and fungus with zoanthids?

How about wild acropora fresh off the boat any advice?

I highly doubt its a inexperience thing more of a some of us want more than but my corals grow and color fine
POLL
POLL
POLL
Old 11-28-2013, 04:27 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck View Post
i hear ya, see that might be my difference is that, im using the ai sol blues ( b,rb,w) where u are using caddilacs compared to my fiat hahaha.
I run SOL blues too