Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-20-2013, 01:50 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
I think he wants to be the Howard Stern of Canada,... and getting lots of help there.
Thats an insult to Stern.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:30 AM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Bang on.
Meanwhile, the shiny pony Justin Trudeau admits to smoking pot but gets completely forgiven by the masses and mainstream media. Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to decriminalizing pot, but as it stands now, smoking crack and pot are both inditable, and all politicians should be expected to respect the law and be treated the same if they don't, especially those hoping to become PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguinesDream View Post
The medias' obsession with Rob Ford is the reason I finally left Facebook a week ago and after reading this thread, I have no desire to return.

What a person chooses to do on their personal time is their personal choice. If they act like an @$$, then they have to pay the consequences. But as long as dude did not spend cashola from the public coffers or perform any public duty in an altered state, then it be none of anyones' business.

The papparazzi approach to newcasting is unpalatable particularly when foreign correspondents are risking life and limb to bring real news to the world.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:11 AM

Fesso is on a distinguished road

Actually not bang on at all....
Just for starters - under oath Ford's staffers have stated to the Toronto police that were frequently tasked with buying the mayor vodka approximately 10 times per month during work hours because Ford didn't want to be seen at the LCBO. That's tax dollars well spent.

Personal life vs Public life argument eh?
In the private sector that argument would never wash and any CEO would have been history 6 months ago when the allegations were just allegations let alone admitted truths.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:40 AM

SanguinesDream is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fesso View Post
Actually not bang on at all....
Just for starters - under oath Ford's staffers have stated to the Toronto police that were frequently tasked with buying the mayor vodka approximately 10 times per month during work hours because Ford didn't want to be seen at the LCBO. That's tax dollars well spent.

Personal life vs Public life argument eh?
In the private sector that argument would never wash and any CEO would have been history 6 months ago when the allegations were just allegations let alone admitted truths.
Did you miss the "But as long as dude did not spend cashola from the public coffers or perform any public duty in an altered state, then it be none of anyones' business." part?

As for CEO, CFO, CAO, Directors, Board members, et al and allegations???? I spat my gin out on the screen of my corporate phone. Thanks for the laugh, I am still wiping away the tears.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:06 AM

Fesso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Did you miss the "But as long as dude did not spend cashola from the public coffers or perform any public duty in an altered state, then it be none of anyones' business." part?
Nope didn't miss that at all, Ford's staffers are payed from public coffers.

So your telling me that a CEO of a multi billion corporation wouldn't take a leave of absence or be forced to resign after admitting to smoking crack (only after denying it and getting caught) and being involved in a police investigation involving murder and extortion that he refuses to comment on? Maybe you're right and he is just waiting for the Golden Parachute he is so entitled to before he moves on and lets us have our city back. Enjoy your gin.

Last edited by Fesso; 11-20-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Meanwhile, the shiny pony Justin Trudeau
How to put this tactfully.....if you are calling JT "the shiny pony" you may want to turn of the Sun "News" Network and stop listening to anything Ezra Levant tries to sell you. There was a reason that the Sun didn't achieve mandatory carriage or cannot sustain itself in the free market it so vehemently purports to defend.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:08 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:

As for CEO, CFO, CAO, Directors, Board members, et al and allegations???? I spat my gin out on the screen of my corporate phone. Thanks for the laugh, I am still wiping away the tears.
He is right. Any CEO would be forced out. Only problem with being a publically elected mayor apparently is that he can't be forced out.

And as far as the Trudeau admitting to smoking pot. Rob Ford got his pass on smoking pot too because he came out unprovoked and admitted pot use as well.

Crack > worse than pot. People from all walks of life use pot but I can tell you that generally its only people who make poor choices use crack. People who would do things like hire a prostitute, drive under the influence, snort cocaine etc. All things Ford is alleged to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Jy312JCUQ

Last edited by reefermadness; 11-20-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:13 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Ezra Levant has an opinion, you have yours. The truth is somewhere in between. If you rely on CBC or CTV as your sole information source you are only getting one side.

And speaking of surviving in the free market, I wonder how long the CBC would last without the billion or so taxpayer dollars we generously give them every year? I don't watch Sun News or CBC by the way.

Quote:
How to put this tactfully.....if you are calling JT "the shiny pony" you may want to turn of the Sun "News" Network and stop listening to anything Ezra Levant tries to sell you. There was a reason that the Sun didn't achieve mandatory carriage or cannot sustain itself in the free market it so vehemently purports to defend.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
He is right. Any CEO would be forced out.
Evidence please.

And please don't get me wrong, I am NOT defending Ford. All of his illegal behaviours should be proven before a court of law and punished accordingly, that is what "consequences" mean.

But this court of public opinion that is media driven has its' own drivers too, and THAT should be exposed for what it is before being accepted as fact.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebeard View Post
Ezra Levant has an opinion, you have yours. The truth is somewhere in between. If you rely on CBC or CTV as your sole information source you are only getting one side.

And speaking of surviving in the free market, I wonder how long the CBC would last without the billion or so taxpayer dollars we generously give them every year? I don't watch Sun News or CBC by the way.
I don't watch cable or satellite TV. Direct stream internet all the way, baby.