Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-09-2009, 06:03 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffer2 View Post
Shortly after I moved into my house I had some local law enforcement knock on my door and ask about the lights in the basement and my power bill(my fish room has 1 large basement window). I pointed to the large fish tank behind me, and they still didn't believe me. After a short tour of the house, they said they put a BOLD note on my file stating they had investigated a complaint and what they found. They told me after that the only reason they didn't come busting in the front door is because 'no actual large scale criminal would be so stupid as to not cover the windows or attempt to hide their operation'.

Nice guys, but when I answered the door, 2 of them had their guns out, but pointed down.
Similar to my situation but no guns out. They really didn't believe me. My lawyer (who is my cousin actually) was ****ed that I said go ahead and look around. He wanted to go to court and looking back I wish I had shut up.

We did file a complaint though since the idiots wouldn't even let my fiance get dressed properly and made us stand by the front door. Guilty until proven innocent...thats how it works with the cops right?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Hi all, there are some funny stories in this thread, but please cut out the bashing of people based on profession. This can easily stay on the light and funny side.
As a taxpayer, parent and rental property owner, I'm happy that cops check out this kind of stuff. Yes, they've beento my door about the lights, we all had a good laugh about it.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:14 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

The guy made a derogatory generalization about all cops being.....you get the drift! And I mentioned that Canreef members may also be cops. I have a problem with someone insulting Canreef members based on their chosen profession, and yes I do support law enforcement. They are no worse than any other professionals. I have met doctors that would make better executioners.

It's akin to me saying all guys with saltwater tanks and long hair beat their wives....totally unfounded!
BTW, I found the original post humorous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
Who cares? I know more lawyers than cops and trust me, I would be more afraid of lawyers if I were a cop than a law abiding citizen who ****ed off a few cops on a fish forum. If thats what you were insinuating.

Last edited by Treebeard; 03-09-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Contrary to popular belief, Hydro does not report excessive usage to the police, use as much power as you want, as long as you pay the bill, Hydro doesnt care what you are doing. The only contact Hydro has with police is after they bust you and the cops call Hydro to pull the meter if there are electrical issues.

Last edited by Mrfish55; 03-09-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 PM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish55 View Post
Contrary to poular belief, Hydro does not report excessive usage to the police, use as much power as you want, as long as you pay the bill, Hydro doesnt care what you are doing. The only contact Hydro has with police is after they bust you and the cops call Hydro to pull the meter if there are electrical issues.
I was wondering about this too when I first started reading this thread. I thought there was a privacy act in play that protected customer's consumption use. And hydro would report to the rcmp if they noticed more power being consumed than metered (meter bypass).
Old 03-09-2009, 08:47 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish55 View Post
Contrary to poular belief, Hydro does not report excessive usage to the police, use as much power as you want, as long as you pay the bill, Hydro doesnt care what you are doing. The only contact Hydro has with police is after they bust you and the cops call Hydro to pull the meter if there are electrical issues.
Interesting. From what I have heard they now do report spikes in usage though. That was on the news though, so maybe not true.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:46 AM

animalcrossing is on a distinguished road

but we can quit anytime we want ....but not today and tommorow dont look good either lmao