Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_bluejay View Post
The gas prices magically seem to concide with busier weekends, mostly due to all the major highways passing through. So friday afternoon -- 1.25, and monday morning 1.12

BTW, welcome to kamloops, nice to have another reefer in town (just down the street acutally).

Thanks.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
Doug, you snuck into town did ya...
Hi Steve. Not really snuck in. Kind of cursin at our place not being ready when we got here.

Quote:
actually this year it has been the opposite, cheaper on the long weekend prices go up Monday. it was normal to be pretty stable in gas prices here I found until costco opened there gas bar. now you never know when its going up. I just top up now when ever it goes below 1.15 which seams to happen every week. filled up a day early last week and missed out on the 1.09.
I do the same at Safeway. Never paid over a $1.10 with my wifes Safeway points card yet.

Quote:
anyhow welcome to gods country, except I think this June must be close to setting some records for rain fall . I start my nights at work tomorrow, but we'll have to get together for a coffee pretty soon. I'll even buy since I don't have to buy for Brad anymore .
Kool. Look forward to coffee. I still would like to go visit and buy Brad one some day... It is very nice here. The surrounding hills and scenery is something we never had in Manitoba. Although I still liked the bush/lakes in Manitoba,s north when we lived and worked there. Thats to isolated for us know though. Need better medical when ya age, unfortunately.

Quote:
you getting used to the trains over there yet?

Steve
Yes and no. They are not really a bother. Except everyone now and then seems to vibrate the place. Must be the speed at which they go pass some times.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Except everyone now and then seems to vibrate the place. Must be the speed at which they go pass some times.
Just like a wavebox... once you're near that resonant frequency things get movin' lol.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Just like a wavebox... once you're near that resonant frequency things get movin' lol.
Exactly what it seems.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Well, be thankful you live in Kamloops...that's the only city in the Okanagan doing that. The rest of us just get the $1.25 price all the time!

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:34 PM

Reef Puffer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Well, be thankful you live in Kamloops...that's the only city in the Okanagan doing that. The rest of us just get the $1.25 price all the time!
OR MORE!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Ackkkkkkkkk, its a $1.29 today Mark. Unbelievable. And I dont mean the price but how you can gouge people one day and not the next..
Old 06-18-2012, 08:35 PM

Reef Puffer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ackkkkkkkkk, its a $1.29 today Mark. Unbelievable. And I dont mean the price but how you can gouge people one day and not the next..
thats what ive been paying for months, im sure it will go up soon....
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just filled up at costco for 112.9 20 min ago get gas buddy for your smart phone it will save you money haha.

the vibration of the trains depends on a few things actualy, the speed, the weight, how many (and how bad) the flat spots are on the wheels, and the soil type.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Rest In Peace

Hey!! We have a cool store here for some saltwater stuff at least. I was at Total Pets yesterday. Some nice fish and some corals. Tanks look nice and clean. Lots of frozen food such as mysis, and best of all, Instant ocean for $59.99. Thats good considering its $99 in Brandon or $75 in Winnipeg last I seen.