Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > JL Aquatics

Old 12-27-2012, 02:20 AM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
They opened at 8, in store and updated site. although it's 9:25 now, so they've been open for a long time, already took all my money!
+1. Got almost everything I had on my shopping list and then some. Could have bought two 27" monitors for what I spent. Great deals.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:42 PM

NU-2reef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdz View Post
They have been that price for a awhile, ($30), since shipment 3-4 months ago... When I started buying them they were 14.95, then they were 19.95 for the last two years, now they went way up. I'm talking about Florida rics, yuma were always more. Fair enough, they are worth what people will pay for them. Vote with your wallet.
If you are paying 30/ric u are getting ripped off. Well they have to make money off some poor sucker glad its not me.

Last edited by Aquattro; 12-27-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:24 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

I see J&L is extending their Boxing Day sale today. I was in yesterday, and did not see the crowds of the last couple years. I thought it was maybe my timing, but perhaps sales are indeed down from last year.

I ended up buying some supplies, but that was it. I didn't buy any corals or fish. I definitely bought a lot more last year.

I then drove over to King Ed's and bought some salt. I looked at their corals, but despite their 30% off, too, didn't buy any there.

After lunch, I dropped into Oceanic Corals in Aldergrove to see what Paul was doing for Boxing Day. And to my surprise, he had some very good deals and lots of great corals, all on sale (and not jacked up reg prices). I bought a few more supplies, and a bunch of SPS corals. For a small LFS, it was definitely rocking yesterday...