Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanman View Post
Well I would assume its getting the same feed since all the TVs on display are showing the same picture. Or at least the same row of TV's should be getting the same feed.

You should of heard the sales guy pitch for it and how he excused why the picture quality was so grainy? He asked me to stand back 10 feet and then said it looks much better from this point. Of course you cant see the grains from that distance but it shouldnt be like that anyways. I can stand 2 feet from from the samsung 7 series and see no pixelation on it.

Anyways Im sure this TV is pretty good, but after looking at the samsung series there is no compairson in my mind.
You will see that some tvs in the same row are spliced 10 - 15 times and some only 1 or 2.
Never assume, thats what they want you to do.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:43 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Sorry for some reason I thought this was about the Sony. I do not have a Sharp but the Sony Bravia
Old 02-03-2009, 08:11 PM

Phanman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatigot View Post
You will see that some tvs in the same row are spliced 10 - 15 times and some only 1 or 2.
Never assume, thats what they want you to do.
Good point, but that would be pretty silly to splice it 20 ways and have it sit beside cheaper tv's thats only split 1 or 2 ways that look better.

I dunno, going with the sumsung either way thou. Just got to save up abit more cash.

3x20g Display Established June 08|Koralia nano, 1, 4|Euroreef Skimmer|250W MH retro kit|Mag 18 return|RODI
120g Display Established Jan 1, 09|Vortech MP40|Koralia 4|I-Tech 100 w Tunze 9410.04A|Aquactinics Constellation 7x54W|Mag 18 return|RODI
Old 02-03-2009, 08:22 PM

VFX is on a distinguished road

A good way to audition the units you're interested in, is side by side in a separate auditioning room using the same set of sources.

I did this & ended up choosing the Sharp.

I tried Blu-Ray, Shaw HD & SD DVD sources to make my comparisons & viewed the displays with high & low ambient light conditions.

Sharp's colours were not as natural as the Samsung's but the depth of blacks & the overall sharpness won me over.

The Samsung was slightly better in high ambient light conditions.

The big box stores refused to let me audition the units like this but I found a Visions dealer wiling to set it up for me & also willing to match any locally advertised price.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Phanman is on a distinguished road

I was going to say who would actually let you do that, but thats pretty nice of visions to haul around TV's and set them up so you can do a comparison.

3x20g Display Established June 08|Koralia nano, 1, 4|Euroreef Skimmer|250W MH retro kit|Mag 18 return|RODI
120g Display Established Jan 1, 09|Vortech MP40|Koralia 4|I-Tech 100 w Tunze 9410.04A|Aquactinics Constellation 7x54W|Mag 18 return|RODI
Old 02-03-2009, 08:59 PM

VFX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanman View Post
I was going to say who would actually let you do that, but thats pretty nice of visions to haul around TV's and set them up so you can do a comparison.
They helped me to shortlist 3 sets & hooked it up in one of their rooms for me.

The room had a Bravia hooked up so moving 2 displays from the showroom wasn't too much hassle & I did drop a couple of thousand on a HT system with them previously.

It helps the customer that times are hard I guess...

Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 PM

Tarolisol is on a distinguished road

I love my samsung 52" series 6. Wouldnt trade it for any other tv reported to be in the same category. Plus samsung warrenty is great, I had hard wood installers bang a board into the tv and ruin some pixels and all i did was send a picture of the problem and model numbers to a repair store they ordered the pasrt came to my house and fixed it in 30min in my living room.(wholy run on sentance batman)

Back in the good ole days
Old 02-04-2009, 12:36 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

on the ship I bought the 52" 120hrz and the 42" 120hrz sharps, and we have a 40" samsung. I will take the sharp over the samsung anyday, and as a rule I stay away from the overpriced sony.. although my wife did buy me a soney Blue ray, which is good, but less features than a lower priced panasonic unit. but now I have to admidt I do one one sony product

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:35 AM

Tarolisol is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
on the ship I bought the 52" 120hrz and the 42" 120hrz sharps, and we have a 40" samsung. I will take the sharp over the samsung anyday, and as a rule I stay away from the overpriced sony.. although my wife did buy me a soney Blue ray, which is good, but less features than a lower priced panasonic unit. but now I have to admidt I do one one sony product

Steve
I would never skimp on a blu-ray player, its all about start up times. Some of the cheaper ones can take up to 3 minutes to turn on.

Back in the good ole days
Old 02-04-2009, 02:57 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarolisol View Post
I would never skimp on a blu-ray player, its all about start up times. Some of the cheaper ones can take up to 3 minutes to turn on.
enought time to go to the bathroom then there are a lot of blueray players out there with higher ratings than the sony, but I think its ok, little choked it won't play mp3's though...

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.