Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-26-2008, 01:19 AM

chandigz is on a distinguished road

Mine decided to jump, but luckily I found him before he was totaly dry (he had been out quite a while, all sticky and covered in crap). Thru him back in and he recovered.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:15 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
I feed mine 2 times per week, I DO NOT feed daily as that is against everything I have read also...however I feed the tank daily and he does pick at some of their food from time to time. I have a few large boisterous fish in the tank and he doesn't care..he just comes out when he wants to (read this as smells food source in tank that requires investigating).

Tony, I don't have a lid on my tank...I did have egg crate for a long time...but took it off one day and never put it back on. Now that does go against everything I have read both by internet articles and personal experience people have posted...however I HATE eggcrate and if I cover the tank with glass I have way too much heat, so I've just said my prayers to the fish Gods and hope he finds the inside of the tank more to his liking than trying to fly. Observing him, he doesn't go higher than halfway up the tank even at night.....but there is eurobracing too that should help and the cap covers all sides except the back....
Oh man..... I really like these eels my only set back was having an open tank. I was thinking of maybe one day setting up a 40g for one, but if I could possibly add one to my 3 feet high 230g....... Hummmmmm..........