Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-04-2009, 11:53 PM

Jay180reef is on a distinguished road

OKay, well I'll send Roger another email.

Jay
Old 04-05-2009, 05:20 PM

Newtoreef is on a distinguished road

+1 for the mp40w Vortechs! had them a month now really, really, liking them. Awesome customer service, called direct and somebody actually picked up the phone! Not an answering machine like most company's these days.

Last edited by Newtoreef; 04-05-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:54 PM

scumchug is on a distinguished road

My experience with Mr. Tunze dates back many years. The entire experience has been negative. Paying top dollar for a second rate product is just the beginning of the nightmare. I switched to Vortech a couple years ago, and would never go back. I would buy a Koralia before a Tunze any day. I'm running 2 WMP 40's with battery backups. The battery backup option is worth it alone IMO.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:02 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumchug View Post
My experience with Mr. Tunze dates back many years. The entire experience has been negative. Paying top dollar for a second rate product is just the beginning of the nightmare. I switched to Vortech a couple years ago, and would never go back. I would buy a Koralia before a Tunze any day. I'm running 2 WMP 40's with battery backups. The battery backup option is worth it alone IMO.
My experience over the past 6 years or more with them couldn't be any different. They haven't been a leader in the industry for so long for no reason. Eco Marine also has incredible service and products of course but what your saying about Tunze isn't really fair. Well maybe for you it is but for a majority of users, its not true at all.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:26 PM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
My experience over the past 6 years or more with them couldn't be any different. They haven't been a leader in the industry for so long for no reason. Eco Marine also has incredible service and products of course but what your saying about Tunze isn't really fair. Well maybe for you it is but for a majority of users, its not true at all.
The difference, it seems, is between the Canadian and USA versions of "Tunze". If you go look on Tunze forum ReefCentral, Tunze receives accolades ad nauseum. Roger Vitko, who runs Tunze USA is the best of the best in customer service. The whole broken clip fiasco with the first run 6025 and 6045 nano-streams was dealt with in the best way possible by Roger. Clip after clip after clip was promptly (i.e. immediately) sent out for free by Roger until the second (fixed) run was available. Icecap/Ecotech dealt with the bad batch (buzzy, overheating) of first run Vortechs the same way.

Unfortunately, the company which has the distribution rights for Tunze in Canada, Xenia, appears to have a poorer track record for customer service. When you ask Roger in RC he is reluctant, understandbly, to deal with Canadian warranty issues. It almost seems worth it to order Tunze stuff from the US just so you can deal with Roger instead of Xenia (although I've never had an issue with Tunze stuff - knock on wood). But in terms of asking for information ALWAYS ask Roger on RC instead of Tunze in Canada or Germany - you'll get a response usually in one day.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:34 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkshiu View Post
The difference, it seems, is between the Canadian and USA versions of "Tunze". If you go look on Tunze forum ReefCentral, Tunze receives accolades ad nauseum. Roger Vitko, who runs Tunze USA is the best of the best in customer service. The whole broken clip fiasco with the first run 6025 and 6045 nano-streams was dealt with in the best way possible by Roger. Clip after clip after clip was promptly (i.e. immediately) sent out for free by Roger until the second (fixed) run was available. Icecap/Ecotech dealt with the bad batch (buzzy, overheating) of first run Vortechs the same way.

Unfortunately, the company which has the distribution rights for Tunze in Canada, Xenia, appears to have a poorer track record for customer service. When you ask Roger in RC he is reluctant, understandbly, to deal with Canadian warranty issues. It almost seems worth it to order Tunze stuff from the US just so you can deal with Roger instead of Xenia (although I've never had an issue with Tunze stuff - knock on wood). But in terms of asking for information ALWAYS ask Roger on RC instead of Tunze in Canada or Germany - you'll get a response usually in one day.
I guess I have had great experiences then since I have always dealt with Roger and he has never questioned the 'Canadian' thing with me. Or been reluctant. I didn't even know there was a Canadian distributor. I have dealt with him when I lived in Miami too and got the same service.